I love this blue cheese dressing. When it’s ﬁrst made it’s rich and creamy just like the fatty versions, and it’s completely aftertaste free, unlike many of the lower-fat ones. Just note that you shouldn’t make this far in advance of serving it. It will become thinner over time, so it’s best served within a couple of hours. – Chef Devin
Yield: 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon
• 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
• 3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
• 3 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
• 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
• 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat blue cheese
1. Whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, hot sauce, and vinegar in a medium resealable container until smooth and well combined.
2. Stir in the blue cheese until well combined. Seal the container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
One serving = 2 tablespoons
62 calories, 2 g protein, 2 g carbohydrates, 4 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 8 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium
You save: 102 calories, 13 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 46 mg sodium
Serve with Chef Devin’s Boneless Buffalo Strips.
Recipe taken (with permission) from Devin Alexander’s THE MOST DECADENT DIET EVER!. Copyright © 2008 by Devin Alexander published by Broadway Books, a division of Random House Inc. www.devinalexander.com