Appetite control without side effects.
- Established: 2008
- Founder: Royal DSM
- Headquarters: Heerlen, Netherlands
- Accessibility: Online, retail locations
- Diet Type: Supplement, appetite suppressant
- Gender: Male, female
If you're looking to curb your appetite, now you can take a shot. Slim Shots triggers the body's natural appetite control mechanism, also known as the ileal brake, satisfying users for long periods of time and in turn, allowing them to eat less, without sacrificing or depriving themselves of tasty foods. You can drink Slim Shots by itself or mix it with your favorite food or drink.
For the best results, you take two shots a day (20 calories each) the first week, then after that, just once during breakfast. Slim Shots is supposed to start working a couple hours after you take it. It has no stimulants, so there are no jittery side effects.
The company rightly advises that you need to do Slim Shots in conjunction with a balanced diet and exercise.PRO
- The Slim Shots website offers clinical studies
- It doesn't act like a cure all, stating that you need to live a healthy lifestyle as well
- Convenient cups travel with you
- No side effects
- Slim Shot is not FDA approved
- There isn't a clear and concise idea of how it actually works, doesn't give specifics about how the ingredients affect change
- Each shot contains 20 calories
- Ingredient Phenylalanine (50% of aspartame), can have dangerous effects for diabetics and those with ADD/ADHD
- Should not be taken by those patients with PKU
Slim Shots contains natural oat, palm oil, artificial vanilla flavor, sweetener, aspartame (Phenylalanine) and beta carotene color.
Phenylalanine makes of 50% of aspartame, an artificial sweetner commonly used in diet products. ADD/ADHD patients and diabetics may experience negative side effects as a result of consuming this ingredient. Those with PKU, or at risk for PKU, should avoid Phenylalanine as it can cause brain damage or even death.EXERCISE
Unlike many other supplement websites, the Slim Shots site gives relatively in-depth nutritional advice. The exercise advice is very rudimentary: Commit to work out three times a week for 30 to 45 minutes. It also advises that you join a fitness class or devise a home workout routine that incorporates both aerobic and strength training.CONCLUSION
The editorial tone on the Slim Shots website doesn't lead you to believe that the company is in the snake oil business. There are clinical studies posted, and good advice about how you should eat and exercise. Even though the language is not over-hyped, there still is some question as to how Slim Shots actually works.
Ultimately, it's up to the consumer to decide if it's worth, um, a shot.Common Misspellings
SlimShots, SlimShot, Slim Shot, Slimming Shot, Slimming Shots, slimshots.com