The FDA's only over-the-counter diet pill.Top Rated Diet Pills of 2016
The anticipation for a new diet pill is over as the FDA recently approved Alli (pronounced Al-eye). It's the weight loss newcomer that is quickly finding its place on drug store shelves. Alli is the first FDA-approved diet pill available without a prescription. Alli is actually a low-dose version of Xenical, a prescription drug that successfully assists obese individuals losing weight. Xenical is taken under a doctor's care while following a low-calorie, low-fat diet. Alli has the same active ingredient (Orlistat), but in a much lower dosage, and is available without the prescription.
Alli can help you lose a few pounds more than just dieting and exercise alone. It works by suppressing the body's ability to absorb fat in the intestines. By reducing fat, you reduce calories. When the body is unable to absorb these fats they become undigested waste.
Alli works best when it is used in conjunction with a low-calorie, low-fat diet and a regular exercise program. But since sticking to a reduced-calorie diet is tough and since certain foods need to be avoided while using the diet pill, Alli has partnered with eDiets, a meal delivery service that delivers Alli-specific meals to your door every week.
While some may view Alli as a controversial solution to weight loss, the manufacturers of this product have gone to great lengths to offer a comprehensive program to its users in order to make weight loss as easy and approachable as possible.
Although studies on the amount of weight loss you can lose with Alli are limited, you can expect to lose three to five pounds more than just relying on diet and exercise alone.
EDITOR’S TIP: Combine this supplement with a proven fat burner as Sletrokor for better results
- May help to jump start a weight loss program
- Comprehensive website that offers support, food journals, calorie counters, meal plans and shopping lists
- Partnership with eDiets makes eating and meal planning simple and convenient
- The only over-the-counter diet pill with FDA approval
- Low-dose version of effective prescription diet pill
- Some think it shouldn’t be sold without a prescription
- Not a long-term solution to weight loss
- Uncomfortable side effects
- Must be very careful to not exceed the maximum fat gram requirement with each meal
- Weight loss affects are modest
- Meal delivery services don't teach you how to consume and prepare your own calorie and portion-controlled meals
Alli contains 60 mg of Orlistat.ADMINISTRATION
Alli is a 60 mg tablet taken three times a day with meals that should not exceed 15 mg of fat.DIET and EXERCISE
A low-fat and low-calorie diet must be followed while taking Alli. Since the success of Alli depends so largely on what you eat, how much you eat and when you eat, you have two choices for designing the most effective meal plan for your weight loss needs:
- You could consult with your physician or a registered dietitian to design a well-laid out diet and exercise plan.
- You could sign up for Alli's partner eDiets, a meal delivery service that creates special Alli-approved meals and delivers them to your door each week.
With the eDiets plan, you eat three meals a day plus snack and desserts. Menus can be personalized to reflect your tastes and preferences and you also have access to a registered dietitian, an online community of other Alli dieters and fitness and exercise support.
Since the fat content of each meal must be closely monitored while using Alli (no more than 15 mg each day), eDiets special Alli-approved meals meet these requirements so that your risk of side effects is kept to a minimum.
The eDiets menu includes a wide variety of delicious meals, including:
- Maple Apple Oatmeal
- Denver Style Potato Skillet with Turkey Ham
- Rosemary Pork with Brown Rice
- Oven Roasted Turkey with Savory Sweet Potatoes and Mixed Garden Vegetables
- Blackened Chicken served with Seasoned Spicy Brown Rice
- Peach Cobbler
- Sugar-free Pudding
Irrespective of which meal plan you follow, since Alli inhibits the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, it is important to take a daily supplement that includes Vitamins A, D and E.
In addition, for the best results, a regular exercise program should also be followed that includes 30 minutes of exercise on most days of the week. If you decide to sign-up with eDiets meal delivery service, you have access to a live fitness trainer to help you customize an exercise plan to compliment your weight loss needs.CONCLUSION
Many people have seen positive results with Alli. However, those considering taking Alli should note that side effects can include gas, and uncontrolled urination and bowel movements, especially when not following the guidelines prescribed by Alli.
Alli is not a magic pill to lose weight, but its special partnership with eDiets, a meal delivery service, makes eating and meal planning simple and convenient.
Do keep in mind that the effects of taking Alli in comparison to just dieting and exercising alone are just the difference of a few pounds. It is necessary that you consult with your medical practitioner before taking Alli.Common Misspellings
Alle, Ally, Alli Diet, Alli Pill, Alli Diet Pill, Allu, alli.com