Maple Syrup Diet
Stars like Beyonce use this to detox and start fresh.Top Rated Diet Shakes of 2016
Popularized as of late by starlets around the globe, including Beyonce Knowles of Dreamgirls fame, the Maple Syrup Diet is not a diet per se. Rather, it is a cleanse, meant to detoxify the body of all previous food intake, providing a clean slate for future healthy eating. Also known as the "Master Cleanse" or the "Lemonade Diet", the program is basically a mixture of Grade B Maple syrup, fresh squeezed lemon juice, spring water and cayenne pepper that a person drinks for up to 10 days. Pioneered by Stanley Burroughs in the 1950s, its practitioners and participants claim that not only do they lose weight, but they see better, smell better, hear better and feel better, while also ridding their bodies of ailments that have afflicted them for years.
Do You Know the Best Diet Shakes of 2016?
- Users claim the lemon/maple syrup mixture is pleasant tasting
- Weight loss is immediate as the user loses pounds of retained fecal material
- Euphoria and other feelings of serenity are an added bonus as the person becomes almost yogi like in their fasting state
- Cannot leave the house for up to three days as user rushes to the bathroom for frequent bowel movements
- No food intake of any kind other than maple syrup mixture means participant will likely develop intense food cravings, making it difficult if there are other people in the home eating solid foods
- As you detoxify body, intense fatigue and mood swings are reported as "normal" by most users of the Maple Syrup Diet
- Very low calorie intake, about 500/day
Take a clean one-gallon jug and pour in the following:
- 3 Quarts of Water
- 1 Cup Lemon Juice (fresh if possible)
1 Cup Grade B Maple Syrup (not maple flavored, but 100% real maple syrup)
1 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- Shake it all up and drink 8-12 glasses a day
Note: followers of this program also recommend a senna laxative tea as well as a saline water drink in the morning, as an additional component of this program. These additional supplements are simply for additional colon cleansing.EXERCISE
None, and thank goodness, because most users would not have time (with all the trips to the bathroom) or the energy (at about 500 calories a day).CONCLUSION
Again, this is not a diet, but a fasting or detox program, and cannot be recommended for long-term use. Ask your physician if you are healthy enough to carry out this very restrictive regimen before beginning. However, weight loss experts have touted the benefit of a healthy bowel system, but forcing the bowel to cleanse, may cause future problems for a person when they begin to eat their regular food routine. This would be a good program for someone who already eats vegetarian/vegan and avoids all processed foods, as a return to processed and fatty foods will take the user back to their pre-cleanse weight in short order.Common Misspellings
Maple Sirup, maple syurp, mapple syrup, maple serup, syrup dietHow Does Maple Syrup Diet Compare?
Featured Diets and Supplements
Maple Syrup Diet?