thatsnotfab’s Diet Profile
Joined on April 16th, 2009
thatsnotfab’s Latest Activity
- thatsnotfab commented on 2011 Nutrition Nut Giveaway
- thatsnotfab commented on 2011 Road Warrior Giveaway
- thatsnotfab commented on 2011 Gym Rat Giveaway
I'm currently on a mission to lose 100 pounds. So far, I'm down almost 70 pounds. I've been overweight since childhood and finally got sick of being unhealthy in my mid-20s. Thanks to Weight Watchers, a gym membership and Biggest Loser/Jillian Michaels DVDs, I'm finally becoming the healthy young woman I deserve to be.
The goals I'm working toward:
- Losing 100 pounds
- Running a 5k race
- Wearing a bikini
I haven't felt comfortable with my weight since:
about 8 or 9 years old. I'm 26 now, so most of my life, basically.
My favorite healthy food:
Spinach, grilled zucchini, asparagus, tomatoes, yogurt, hummus, egg whites, baby carrots, strawberries. There's so much healthy, delicious food out there!
My guiltiest pleasure:
Ice cream. Luckily, there are healthier ice cream options available these days, but I still have to be careful.
I'm inspired to live a healthy life because:
I have relatives on both sides of my family who suffer from diabetes, heart/blood pressure problems and obesity. I refuse to be at risk for those things by being lazy and eating poorly. I've also been overweight since early childhood, so I want to know what it feels like to be a normal size and be a strong, fit individual. I'm close to my goal and am in the best shape of my life, so far.
Healthy habits that work for me:
- Drinking more water.
- Eating more fiber.
- Eating more fruits/veggies.
- Working out 5-6 days a week.
- Always stocked on sugar-free gum when sweet cravings hit.
- Looking for new recipes to keep me from getting bored.
- Keeping a small variety of non-perishable snacks at my work desk for when afternoon hunger strikes.
My favorite activity at the gym is:
Cross-training on the elliptical or jogging on the treadmill.
The accomplishments I'm most proud of:
- Losing almost 70 pounds (30 more to go!)
- Graduating from college.