pearlone’s Diet Profile
Joined on February 1st, 2010
pearlone’s Latest ActivitySee full feed
I am 62 years *Young* and have some physical health issues...Osteoarthritis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, and I am about 60# overweight which puts me in the *Obese* class. Thankfully, I am NOT diabetic and do not drink alcohol. I sometimes have to use a cane and I LOVE to walk....when I'm able. I just recently lost my beloved kitty, Coco who almost beat cancer. Grieving for her has been difficult as I miss her presence SO much. She was 14 years old and the LOVE of MY LIFE!!
The goals I'm working toward:
- NOT eating late at night
- Staying away from WHITE stuff
- Walking everyday at least one half hour
I haven't felt comfortable with my weight since:
Since I turned 50
My favorite healthy food:
ground flaxseed on yogurt (organic, of course)
My guiltiest pleasure:
My famous chocolate chip cookies....ohhhh....sooooooo...GOOD!
I'm inspired to live a healthy life because:
since I am 62 years old, the clock is ticking and going faster. I want to be more active because right now@ 210# I am embarrassed and it is very hard on my joints, so I HURT all the time, which makes me NOT want to participate in LIFE, sadly.
Healthy habits that work for me:
- walking as much as I am able
- drinking more water
- Taking really good supplements
My favorite activity at the gym is:
I do not DO the gym anymore.
The accomplishments I'm most proud of:
- Giving birth to twins, and then getting back into a bikinii
- Giving birth to twins (Whew!!!!)
- Because of the values I instilled in my children, they have turned into loving, kind, compassionate and strong adults