lollipop72’s Diet Profile
Joined on February 18th, 2010
lollipop72’s Latest ActivitySee full feed
working toward a healthier lifestyle in general. i eat moderately healthy already, by avoiding red meat, pork and alcohol. i eat mainly fish, chicken and turkey and veggies.
The goals I'm working toward:
- running a mini-marathon
- losing at least 20 pounds
- exercising at least 5 days a week
- completing the Bataan Death March again
I haven't felt comfortable with my weight since:
i left the military about 10 years ago. i used to be in really good shape but i have stopped exercising due to bad knees from years of running 5-7 miles daily in the military.
My favorite healthy food:
grilled salmon, mediterranean salads, yogurt, hummus, grapes, granola bars,
My guiltiest pleasure:
hershey kisses with almonds!!!!! OMG!!! lol...also mint oreos!!! OMG tasty at 2 in the morning for late night study sessions!!!!! and last but not least, PEPPERONI PIZZA!!!!!
I'm inspired to live a healthy life because:
i have a domestic partner who has a liver condition, my best friend is diabetic and on dialysis. i am also adopted and sometimes worry about not knowing the health history of my biological family, so i feel a healthy lifestyle is even more important because i don't know!
Healthy habits that work for me:
- stopped drinking sodas, and carbonated drinks all together
- exercising daily for at least 30 minutes
- cooking at home more to control the portions, and ingredients
My favorite activity at the gym is:
free weights, elliptical, any ab work outs, sauna (oh yeah!!!!), swimming when i can stand the cold pool.
The accomplishments I'm most proud of:
- completing the Bataan Death March
- completing my Bachelor's degree
- starting my coursework for nursing school admission
- gaining control of my financial situation
- paying off some old debit
- my daughter