janiecorona’s Diet Profile
Joined on June 25th, 2011
janiecorona’s Latest Activity
- janiecorona liked Courtney's Summer Challenge: Week 4
- janiecorona liked Top Chef Contestant Marisa Churchill Introduces Sweet and Skinny Dessert Cookbook [Win a Copy!]
- janiecorona liked 3 Things to Help You Set Realistic Weight Loss Expectations
janiecorona’s Weight Loss Progress
Embed this Widget
Copy the code below and paste it into your website.
I am a 26 year old single mother to a 7 month old beautiful baby girl. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. Before I became pregnant I lost a significant amount of weight dropping to a size 14. I gained about 60+ pounds during my pregnancy. Since then, I have dropped about 45 pounds, mostly from depression and being ill after my pregnancy. On May 29, two days after my 26th birthday, I started my weight loss endeavor. Since then, I have lost 11 pounds and I am looking forward to losing more!
The goals I'm working toward:
- Losing 36 pounds during the summer.
- Getting under 200 pounds!
- Eating healthier.
- PORTION CONTROL.
I haven't felt comfortable with my weight since:
I was an extremely thin child until my mom started forcing me to eat or else she would hit me. Needless to say, I ate and I ate it all so I wouldn't be hit. Now, I'm trying to get away from that sort of thinking. I'm an adult and need to take back control.
My favorite healthy food:
BROCCOLI! I absolutely love broccoli and I am starting to like salads as well, but I have to be careful with the dressing.
My guiltiest pleasure:
Fries and Peanut butter.
I'm inspired to live a healthy life because:
I have a baby now and I don't want her to live her life the way I did. I want to show her a healthy lifestyle and an active life as well. She's only 7 months. I can be fit by the time she turns 2 and she will never know what it's like to not be healthy or have a healthy mom.
Healthy habits that work for me:
- Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred!
- Snacking every 3 hours to not overeat.
- Avoid eating out as much as possible.
My favorite activity at the gym is:
I don't go to the gym, I can't afford it. But I have Jillian Michael's 30 day shred DVD and her Yoga Meltdown DVD as well. Also, Netflix offers a variety of workout videos.
The accomplishments I'm most proud of:
- Learning that it's okay to say "no" to food.
- Working out every day for the past month! With the exception of 4 days that I have made up for.
- Not GIVING UP this time, even when the scale shows no change.