VickieLu’s Diet Profile
Joined on October 30th, 2009
VickieLu’s Latest ActivitySee full feed
I am a stay at home mom with 5 children total.. only 4 living at home. I Love food and cant seem to get a healthy relationship started with it. I used to be a Hawiian Tropics Swimsuit Model, now I am well over 200 pounds. I need to cut my weight in half and get healthy, not just get thin. I spent last week in California at my 20 yr High School reunion and I am amazed at how everyone turned out, I am so proud of them. I know I cant compare my life to theirs, different circumstances and all, but I wish I could go back in time and do everything different... the only thing I would like to remain the same out of all of my life is my 5 amazing children.
The goals I'm working toward:
- get a healthy relationship with food. Meaning I wont use food as a comfort zone anymore and I iwll stop eating when I am full
- begin a workout routine that I can stick with, even if the kids stay home from school
- weight goal...140, so 80 pounds to lose
I haven't felt comfortable with my weight since:
I bought work pants large intentionally so I could wear street clothes under them and still be flexable. one day (about 4 years ago, I couldnt put them on over my pants!)
My favorite healthy food:
salads, vegetables, yougrt, whole grain or multi grain anything.. I cut out most white foods... except the potatos.. I use brown rice, whole grain pastas, multi grain bread
My guiltiest pleasure:
Monster energy drinks.
then sweets and salty snacks...
then fast food
I'm inspired to live a healthy life because:
I have a predisposition to diabities and I want to put it off as long as i can, if not forever. I also have arthritis in my knees and the extra weight is killing them, makes it hard to get motivated to go exercise when you are aching before you get out the door.
Healthy habits that work for me:
- I find it easy to give soda up entirely.
- I drink tons of water
- my youngest daughter loves for me to take her on walks to the corner store (a little over a mile away)
My favorite activity at the gym is:
eliptical machine and upper body weight training
The accomplishments I'm most proud of:
- My children
- my choice to continue my education
- modeling for Hawiian Tropics