Joined on October 30th, 2009
NhMajik’s Latest Activity
See full feed
I'm a married 41 y.o mom of two children from NH. I'm doing the Dr Seigal's cookie diet *Update* I did Dr. Seigals cookie diet from Oct 23rd to about middle of Dec. for a jumpstart and it worked well...since then I have been counting calories in and out/eating a healthy balanced diet and exercising. So far I am down 35 lbs..
The goals I'm working toward:
- losing 50 lbs.
- staying smokefree
- exercising 30 minutes each day
I haven't felt comfortable with my weight since:
Ohhhh, it's been many years. Probably since I had my children 14 years ago.....neglecting myself in the way I ate and exercising. So I'm ready to get me back!
My favorite healthy food:
I actually love most all healthy food.....my problems lie in portion control which packs on calories whether they are healthy or not.
broiled haddock or cod (w/ a 1/2 tsp of low cal mayo spread on it while cooking) and fresh broccoli is my favorite meal of the moment.
My guiltiest pleasure:
Ice cream and homemade brownies and cookies
I'm inspired to live a healthy life because:
I'm feeling older then my years...my bad habits in eating and exercising are taking a toll on my body and I want to be around for my children.
I also want my children to learn the importance of healthy eating and exercise.
Healthy habits that work for me:
- I only drink water, green tea, and other teas
- I always try to park my car the furthest spot from where I'm going
- I try to keep moving....if I'm watching a tv program when a commercial comes on I change it to music channel and dance the commercial away.
My favorite activity at the gym is:
Hate the gym...and you wont find me there anytime soon. I have what I need at home to reach my goals. No part of exercise is my favorite activity but most important activity to me right now is using the treadmill and the stability ball working on my core. It's a slow process.
The accomplishments I'm most proud of:
- Of course my two beautiful healthy children and my wonder husband ....we have been married 15 years.
- stopping smoking....it is a hard battle
- stopping drugs (been 15 years)