Joined on June 21st, 2011
Jessica Anderson’s Latest Activity
See full feed
Jessica Anderson’s Weight Loss Progress
Embed this Widget
Copy the code below and paste it into your website.
I'm discovering what it's like to completely change my lifestyle and become a healthier, happier, more active me.
The goals I'm working toward:
- Being an average, healthy weight (65 lbs less than I am now)
- Not allowing my weight hinder me from doing activities
- Gaining confidence and happiness no matter what the scale says
I haven't felt comfortable with my weight since:
My driver's license lists that I'm 150. I got my license when I was 16.
I'm now 26. I think that was the last time I was comfortable with my weight.
My favorite healthy food:
Kashi cereal, broccoli, WHOLLY GUACAMOLE, Lime brown rice chips, grilled chicken, extra lean ground turkey soft tacos, nonfat Greek yogurt, cherry tomatoes, granny smith apples
My guiltiest pleasure:
Yogurt covered pretzels, maybe a diet soda once a week
I'm inspired to live a healthy life because:
I want to be able to offer my family, friends and maybe future spouse and possibly children the best me I can be. I need to take care of myself before I can fully take care of others. (and wearing a sexy dress probably could help in the future spouse department! :) )
Healthy habits that work for me:
- Getting involved in group exercise classes @ the gym. (LOVE to Zumba!)
- Being mindful of the importance of drinking water, and actually drinking LOTS
- Cooking a lot of a healthy meals and having the leftovers available to eat for the rest of the week.
- Grab an apple for my purse so when I get snacky I make a healthy choice
My favorite activity at the gym is:
Zumba, R.I.P.P.E.D., and my new love, SPIN class!!! And if there aren't any classes available, I enjoy the stairmaster, elliptical, arctrainer and treadmill (with an incline).
The accomplishments I'm most proud of:
- Changing my view and emotions about food
- Losing 17 pounds since joining the gym in March, 2011
- Earning my B.A. in a field of study I'm passionate about
- Trying new things on my own