Black Bean Brownies
Very chewy and chocolatey, with a full serving of fiber.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1- 15oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 egg whites or 1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1 Tbs. light butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar substitute
- 2 Tbs. instant coffee powder (regular or espresso)
- 3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Coat a 9 x 13-inch pan with nonstick spray
- Blend drained beans and 2 egg whites (or 1/3 of 1/2 cup egg substitute) in food processor or blender until smooth
- Set aside
- Place chocolate and light butter in small microwave safe bowl
- Microwave for 60-90 seconds. Stir every 30 seconds until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine bean puree, sugar, flour, coffee powder and remaining egg whites or egg substitute in a mixing bowl. Beat until well combined.
- Blend in melted chocolate, pour mix into pan, sprinkle with walnuts
- Bake 30-35 minutes