Enjoy fun exercise with a Latin twist!Top Rated Diets of 2016
Zumba is a high calorie burning fitness workout that combines easy-to-follow dance steps with Latin beats.
Zumba was created by celebrity personal trainer Alberto “Beto” Perez from Cali, Colombia. The workout is currently offered through books, DVDs and Zumba fitness classes across the country. It uses interval and resistance training along with Latin dance moves to tone and shape your body.
Included with the Zumba program is a 5-Day Express Diet that will jump-start your weight loss. There are also 14 days worth of menus that will help you lose weight in the target areas of the hips, thighs and stomach.
The Zumba DVDs allow you to do the workouts at home right along with those on the screen. The DVDs are available from various retailers, but include a nutrition plan only when ordered directly from the Zumba web site.
Do You Know the Best Diets of 2016?
- Great for those who love to dance and want to workout
- Available in DVD, book or through classes
- Includes a nutritional plan when the book is purchased
- DVDs ordered from the Zumba web site include nutrition plan
- Several workouts and DVDs to choose from so that you don’t get bored
- Has the potential to burn a lot of calories in one session
- Nutrition info only available with book or DVD sets
- Complaints of the instructional DVD that comes with book not containing an actual workout
- Difficult to learn dance moves if you have the book only
With Zumba, if you purchase a DVD set through the Zumba web site, or the Zumba book, you will receive a diet outline with it. Unfortunately if you just purchase a DVD through other sites, that information is not included.
The weight loss plan is a 5-Day Express Diet in addition to 14 days worth of menus to help you gauge the types of foods you should be eating. Some of the recommendations for the Zumba diet plan include:
- Eat small meals every three to four hours to keep your metabolism going (4-6 meals per day)
- Eat more vegetables
- Mix fruit and vegetables for variety
- Consume more protein in the form of shakes, smoothies, dairy products, lean meats and beans
- Eat complex carbohydrates like oatmeal and brown rice to keep you energized through workouts
Exercise is the primary focus of this program since Zumba is all about the workout. A lot of emphasis is placed on how fun and exciting the Zumba workouts are. The implementation of Latin dance moves produces a high calorie burning workout that is also fun and energizing to do.
When ordering a DVD set, there is a total body transformation guide that will give recommendations on how often to do certain DVDs. Other cardio activities can easily be mixed in with the Zumba program for weight loss benefits.
An example of a week of exercise while using the Zumba workouts includes:
- Monday: Zumba 20-Minute Express Workout
- Tuesday: 45 minutes of walking or jogging
- Wednesday: Zumba Fitness Cardio Party Workout
- Thursday: 50 minutes of swimming
- Friday: Zumba Sculpt & Tone Workout
Zumba workouts have been rapidly gaining popularity throughout the country due to their fun and their intense calorie-burning approach. Now you can engage in the workouts along with a meal plan to get in shape and lose weight. The meal plan offers the flexibility of fitting your schedule and not requiring special foods.
Choosing the Zumba program allows you to follow through the book, DVDs or order a set of DVDs. No matter what your preference, you will find Zumba to be a new fitness program that will help you get into shape. If you’re looking for a break from the normal humdrum of gym workouts, Zumba can provide the variety and excitement your workout needs.Common Misspellings
zoomba, zummba, zuumba, soombaHow Does Zumba Compare?
Featured Diets and Supplements
Related Diets: Tae Bo, Dance Your Ass Off, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, Dancing with the Stars, Hip Hop Abs, Kettlenetics, Kim Kardashian Fit Into Your Jeans By Friday, Krav Maga, Tracy Anderson Method, Turbo Jam