A research-based behavioral approach to weight loss from the University of Vermont.
Vtrim is an online behavioral weight management program created by the health and medical experts at the University of Vermont. With the program you'll have access to expert clinical facilitators and online group weekly meetings. Vtrim is a weight loss program that is structured according to the behavioral, emotional and cognitive elements of weight gain and successful weight loss. You can anticipate to lose 24 pounds in six months.
With Vtrim you either go to a physical classroom or you can do the online component. No matter which setting you choose, you'll weigh-in once per week, record weight, meet with a facilitator and discuss the topic for the week. You'll meet with the same participants and group leader throughout your 12-week program.
Each week of the Vtrim program is dedicated to a specific topic relating to changing health behaviors. Participants receive a lesson guide and activity to read and complete each week. The Vtrim group facilitator introduces the topic and helps participants apply the topic in their own lives throughout the course of the week.
Vtrim also requires that you pay for the entire session up front since their research has shown that when you pay before you start, you’re more likely to adhere to the program and have success.
Vtrim can also be used in the workplace setting as part of a company wellness initiative.
- Available online or in person
- Weekly weigh-ins promote accountability
- Both diet and exercise are implemented
- Encourages slow and healthy rate of weight loss
- Program backed by years of research and clinical trials
- Focuses on not just the food aspect of weight issues and diets
- Workplace program also available
- All costs must be paid up front
- May be cost-prohibitive in comparison to other similar programs
- In-person program only available to those living in Vermont
- Targeted more towards those who are obese rather than those who just have to lose a few pounds
- Rate of weight loss may be too slow
Vtrim provides the framework to succeed at weight loss by teaching people how to consistently eat less, move more and adopt new ways of managing daily choices that support long term success.
During each weekly lesson, you will focus on one aspect of how your behavior and environment affects your food choices.
In addition, you will also have access to numerous healthy online recipes. A typical day of eating on the Vtrim plan might include:
- Breakfast: Banana blender pancakes
- Snack: Cornmeal muffin
- Lunch: Strawberry salad
- Dinner: Baked chicken breast with mango chutney sauce
- Dessert: Apple plum crisp
Exercise is definitely encouraged with the Vtrim plan. Exercise is introduced slowly so that your body can adjust and get used to more movement. This also ensures that you will be encouraged to continue exercising after the 24-week program is over.CONCLUSION
Vtrim is a weight loss solution that comes from many years of research to prove its effectiveness. The program may seem a bit expensive when there are other very similar programs available for less. The University of Vermont has taken a proven approach to weight loss and made it available to those desiring to lose weight and get healthy. With an available free trial, its easy to gain access and see if the program is right for you before making the total investment.Common Misspellings
vtrimmed, vtrims, vtram, university of vermont diet, v-trim, v trim