Simple adjustments to your diet can prevent the painful disease.
Gout is a type of arthritis that usually occurs in the feet or toes. It's extremely painful, so it's a good idea to figure out how you can avoid gout. Gout results from excessive uric acid in the bloodstream, which leaves needle-like crystal deposits in the joints causing redness, swelling and serious pain. It's not the only cause of gout, but your diet is often the culprit. That is not to say foods are totally off limits. Most people can handle everything in moderation.
Uric acid is produced from the breakdown of purines, which are part of all human tissue and found in many foods.
Maintaining adequate fluid intake helps prevent acute gout attacks. And if need be, medication can be prescribed to treat it.
- Prevents the onset of gout, or hastens the recovery process
- Vegetarian or vegan friendly
- Promotes exercise
- Allows no meat
- Does not allow alcohol
- No 'branded' diet, must research yourself
Most likely, if you have gout, it's been caused buy your diet. There are many cookbooks available that adhere to the needs of those with gout, or those trying to prevent it.
Here's what to cut back on, according to the American Medical Association:
- Organ meats, such as liver, kidneys, sweetbreads and brains
- Meats, including bacon, beef, pork, and lamb
- Game meats
- Any other meats in large amounts
- Anchovies, sardines, herring, mackerel, and scallops
- Legumes, such as dried beans and dried peas
Foods that are safe to eat:
- Green vegetables
- Fruits and fruit juices
- Breads and cereals that are not whole-grain
- Butter, buttermilk, cheese, and eggs
- Chocolate and cocoa
- Coffee, tea, and carbonated beverages
- Peanut butter and nuts
These dairy products may lower your risk of gout:
- Low-fat or skim milk
- Low-fat yogurt
Exercise is a good idea for everyone, and especially if you want to avoid gout, which is usually associated with people who are overweight.CONCLUSION
In most cases, gout is a very preventable ailment. Most people who are healthy, exercise, and eat well are unlikely to suffer from it. All it takes is a little know how, and mindfulness about your health, and you will be fine.Common Misspellings
guot diet, gowt diet, goute diet, gout deit, gout diets