10 Lessons From a Former Fat Girl
Amy Parham from Biggest Loser chronicles her weight loss journey.Top Rated Diets of 2016
10 Lessons from a Former Fat Girl: Living with Less of You and More of Life is a new book due to be released on January 1, 2011 written by Biggest Loser contestant Amy Parham. In this book, Parham talks about her struggles with food and her journey away from destructive food relationships to a healthy place. Those that are fans of the Biggest Loser will remember Parham and the fact that she was able to lose over 100 pounds. This book is perfect for those that might be addicted to food and addresses the physical, spiritual, mental and emotional issues that are tied to being overweight. Parham weighed 240 pounds at her highest and had decided to give herself a break in the weight department because she was succeeding in other areas.
Parham talks specifically about the points in her past that led her to turn to food as a comfort, and how her faith in God helped her deal with her parents’ divorce at a young age. Despite remaining active in church for most of her life, she still couldn’t manage to become a fit girl like she desperately wanted to. Some of the lessons you will learn in this book include fitness is your friend, food is not a stress buster, when emotions eat you don’t eat back and several others. Overall the book does focus on improving your relationship with God while trying to improve yourself. This book offers a personal story as well as some hard and fast diet and exercise tips that will help you become the fit girl you long to be.
Do You Know the Best Diets of 2016?
- Written by a former Biggest Loser contestant
- Author has had great results in weight loss
- Focuses on both diet and exercise
- Addresses mental, physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of losing weight
- Offers help for those that are struggling with food addiction
- Teaches you how to have a healthy relationship with food and exercise
- Encourages eating a good breakfast to get metabolism going
- Lowering sodium intake is encouraged
- Offers seven golden rules of weight loss
- Spiritual tones and biblical references may be a turnoff to some
- Must search through the story to find the actual info about diet and exercise
- Must purchase another book and workout DVD written by Parham and her husband for a true workout and specific diet regimen
10 Lessons from a Former Fat Girl: Living with Less of You and More of Life offers some important insight to our relationship with food and how destructive it can be to our health. The book uncovers some truths about sodium intake and how it can be hidden in the foods you would least suspect. Having a lack of control over food is an important aspect that contributes to unhealthy weight. Parham lets you know that it’s not just about what you eat but about having some control over knowing when to stop. Another key point is to make sure you don’t skip breakfast. Having a healthy breakfast is what cues your body to get your metabolism going and skipping it can put your body into starvation mode. There are seven golden rules of weight loss included in the book. Those rules include drink water, keep track of your calorie intake, always eat breakfast, eat small meals every three to four hours, combine protein, healthy fat and carbohydrates with every meal or snack, avoid white foods as much as possible and watch your sodium intake.
Other than that, there is no specific diet plan for you to follow. Parham gives some tips on various things she does for snacks. There are also some stress busting foods that are suggested to take the edge off when you’re getting used to this new way of eating. Below are the seven stress busting foods that are given as well as a couple of other food ideas:
- Almonds, pistachios, walnuts
- Skim milk
- Frozen Greek yogurt with cocoa added
- Frozen Greek yogurt with natural peanut butter added
10 Lessons from a Former Fat Girl: Living with Less of You and More of Life doesn’t offer a super specific exercise regimen. Instead it gives some general recommendations for the types of exercise you can do and definitely follows the practice that you need to exercise to reach a healthy weight. Some of the recommended things you can do to exercise include:
- Exercise with resistance bands
- Take a power walk around your office or house
- Hit something – take a boxing class or purchase a hanging bag
- Do some strength training even if it’s just 20 minutes twice a week
- Incorporate some interval training
- 60 minutes per day of cardio exercise
- Find a workout buddy
- Set fitness goals you can reach
- Do activities you look forward to
- Make your plan fit your life
- Build a team of coaches and cheerleaders
- Workout when your energy levels are highest
10 Lessons from a Former Fat Girl: Living with Less of You and More of Life offers a point of view from one contestant that participated on the Biggest Loser. Parham as the author of this book gives you insight into some of her weight struggles and the various reasons behind them. She talks in depth about how she thinks you can make a difference in your weight as well. Unfortunately this book doesn’t offer a straight forward diet and exercise guide. If that’s what you’re looking for, you are advised to purchase another book and a workout DVD that Parham and her husband have created together. If you are looking for an experience based story of weight loss with some helpful tips mixed in, then this book will serve that purpose.Common Misspellings
10 tops from a former fat girl, 10 tips from form fat girl, 10 tips former fat girl, 10 tips from former fat girlsHow Does 10 Lessons From a Former Fat Girl Compare?
Featured Diets and Supplements
10 Lessons From a Former Fat Girl?