samiejohns’s Diet Profile
Joined on August 28th, 2012
samiejohns’s Latest ActivitySee full feed
The goals I'm working toward:
- Completing the last 10 days of "10 Pounds in 10 Days" by Jackie Warner
- Gaining muscle tone in my arms and legs
- Losing 10 pounds by the end of September
I haven't felt comfortable with my weight since:
After I met my husband I got pretty comfortable, went out to eat a lot and gained 40 pounds! I have been trying for a long time to get it off, but for some reason losing it this time around has been really difficult.
My favorite healthy food:
Amonds, quinoa and grapefruit! But not necessarily together :)
My guiltiest pleasure:
Soda and Oreos
I'm inspired to live a healthy life because:
I purchased boudoir photos to give to my husband in January, and I want to look good in them! I also badly want to live a healthy lifestyle and have complete control when I'm tempted. I want to be one of those people who can eat "just one."
Healthy habits that work for me:
- 10 Pounds in 10 Days has worked well so far - I have lost 10!
- I absolutely love fresh-squeezed lemon in my water and iced green tea or unsweetened iced passion tea from Starbucks - a pretty good remedy for my soda addiction.
- I eat 5 small, healthy meals a day and I no longer "graze" or just pick up whatever in the kitchen and eat it.
- Fast food is absolutely the devil. The only "fast food" I will allow myself to have is Subway.
- I've learned to love carrots by dipping them in hummus.
My favorite activity at the gym is:
I love to lift weights - especially when I work my back.
The accomplishments I'm most proud of:
- Losing 10 pounds in the last 3 weeks
- That I picked a really great husband who loves and supports me
- I stayed on the stair-stepper for 40 minutes straight
- I did HIIT on the treadmill for 30 minutes, and I really dislike running!