ashayfan’s Diet Profile
Joined on October 16th, 2010
ashayfan’s Latest ActivitySee full feed
as of this morning i have lost 120 lbs (took me 3 yrs so far) and i am going to continue til i lose about 50 more. i have patello-femoral syndrome, thyroid dysfunction (225 mcg levothyroxine daily), i have heel spurs in both feet and bone spurs in both knees and arthritis is rampant thru my body. but i work around and thru it all to get to my goals.
The goals I'm working toward:
- i would need to lose 60 lbs to be where i was before i got married and had kids (22 yrs ago)
- staying healthy and fit after losing all my weight
- not being one of that % of people who lose weight and gain it back in 5 yrs time.
I haven't felt comfortable with my weight since:
20 plus years. worst time ever was about 3 yrs ago at a family reunion when daughter took a pic of me and i was standing sideways. that was my starting point
My favorite healthy food:
cabbage, broccoli, cucumbers, carrots, uhm veggies. turkey, chicken and fish. tuna. yogurt. sugar free pudding and jello. too many i like
My guiltiest pleasure:
dairy queen chocolate cherry love blizzard which i allow once a month.
I'm inspired to live a healthy life because:
it is the way it is supposed to be. fat is so bad. i quit smoking and started exercising. there is no going back. lifestyle change is permanent.
Healthy habits that work for me:
- i do what i can with what i have available to me.
- im not organic. but i eat fresh when i can.
- i dont want to lose weight fast. slow and stead if better
My favorite activity at the gym is:
dont go to the gym. love a walk, exercise bike, ab lounge sport, ab doer...toe touches. leg lifts. i just like it all, but only what i can do.
The accomplishments I'm most proud of:
- losing more than a foot around the biggest part of my belly.
- losing a foot around my back\bra area
- losing 8 inches off my thighs\knees area