Shelly Zaninovich’s Diet Profile
Joined on August 23rd, 2010
Shelly Zaninovich’s Latest Activity
- Shelly Zaninovich liked In "Now Eat This," Chef Rocco Dispirito Makes Over America's Favorite Comfort Foods
I live my life with four beliefs about personal happiness:
1. Karma- the energy you project will always find it's way back to you...good and bad.
2. You teach the people in your life the way to treat you.
3. Appreciate and take care of every blessing in your life because you may not always have it.
4. Never underestimate your personal potential.
The goals I'm working toward:
- Wear a comfortable size 8
- Maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle
- Provide a model of good nutrition, regular excercise and positive self image to my daughters
I haven't felt comfortable with my weight since:
Childhood. I've had many brief periods of successful weight loss when I've felt good about my weight. But those times have been fleeting and I've been unable to maintain the loss.
My favorite healthy food:
All varieties of berries.
My guiltiest pleasure:
Chocolate (in any form) and ice cream.
I'm inspired to live a healthy life because:
There is a legacy of mild obesity in women in both my family and my husband's. I want to break the cycle for my daughters by teaching them healthy eating habits and the importance of daily exercise.
Healthy habits that work for me:
- Cooking with mostly vegetables and low fat protiens.
- Eating at home as a family nearly every night and limiting dining out to one meal a week.
- Commit to a 40 minute Kettlebell workout first thing in the morning, five days a week.
My favorite activity at the gym is:
Kettlebells- It combines cardio with weight training effectively in an attainable workout period of time.
The accomplishments I'm most proud of:
- My children and strong marriage
- Earning my teaching credential
- My perseverence to continually work toward a healthier lifestyle for myself and family