HealthyBrainLifestyles’s Diet Profile
Joined on August 17th, 2010
HealthyBrainLifestyles’s Latest ActivitySee full feed
I am a semi-retired grandma of 2. Since 2002 I have been caretaker for my aging parents, and 5 of those years specifically focused on my dad with Alzheimer's disease.
Then I learned about Dr. Amen, Dr. Braverman, Dr. Don Colbert, and Udo Erasmus, who all proclaim we are looking in the wrong places to lose weight or maintain health.
They present huge amounts of evidence that everything that happens to our body starts from imbalance of brain chemicals, or brain dysfunction in specific areas.
Following simple dietary suggestions has changed my brain, changed my body, and is changing my life for the better.
The goals I'm working toward:
- Maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle
- Lose 15 more pounds
- Help my family see the brain - body connection
I haven't felt comfortable with my weight since:
My favorite healthy food:
all brain food, including brain healthy spices
My guiltiest pleasure:
Eating before bedtime
I'm inspired to live a healthy life because:
brain dysfunction runs in my family - from ADD to Alzheimer's Disease and I am learning that brain dysfunction can be changed with brain healthy foods and spices, exercise, and stress relief.
Healthy habits that work for me:
- Spicing up all my food with brain supercharging spices
- Pre-planning all my meals and snacks
- Eating 5 times a day
- Packing my healthy lunch and snacks for work
The accomplishments I'm most proud of:
- Have totally lost food cravings
- Can now tell when I am "full" and stop eating
- younger looking skin
- No longer feel hungry after eating a meal
- Feel satisfied after a small meal