Joined on March 3rd, 2011
Candice Ekberg’s Latest Activity
See full feed
Candice Ekberg’s Weight Loss Progress
Embed this Widget
Copy the code below and paste it into your website.
I'm a NSCA-CPT (certified personal trainer), and have my B. S. in Exercise and Sport Science. I've been training for 7 years. I was recently on the Rachael Ray show for part of my weight loss experience. My own success story is a weight loss of 60lbs over the last year! The heaviest I have ever been (not pregnant) is 228 (I'm 5'9), I am now at a wonderful 150 :D. I've spent the last couple of years in "research mode" and eventually want to develop my own program. You can read more about my experience on my new site - bodybycandice.com. I now also coach on the hCG diet, but only promote the new modernized and medically/clinically tested 800 calorie protocol from Sonia E. Russell. It now allows breakfast, more protein, an extra fruit, and supplements to protect lean muscle mass. I tried it myself and lost more weight overall and more body fat%!
The goals I'm working toward:
I haven't felt comfortable with my weight since:
NOW! I was always heavy, until this last year. I've lost 60lbs and am in the best shape of my life!!!
My favorite healthy food:
Shakeology - it's not a meal replacement, it's my dessert replacement :D I am a beachbody coach as well. beachbodycoach.com/candiceekberg. I also love ff cottage cheese with berries, a packet of truvia, sprinkled with fiber one cereal. Have it every morning for breakfast if I don't have my shake! :)
My guiltiest pleasure:
Cheesecake. Except I just got home from NY, and I don't think I can have cheesecake any better than that...
I'm inspired to live a healthy life because:
I don't ever want to be fat and miserable again! I've seen what obesity has done to myself, and people around me. I'm also an EMT and have had to do CPR and push cardiac meds on people that have been obese, have diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. And these weren't old people :( This is why I'd rather be proactive with peoples lives vs reactive.
Healthy habits that work for me:
- Stay hydrated
- Use healthy recipe substitutions
- stay busy - the human body wasn't meant to be idle! Burn those calories
- Food was meant to be enjoyed. But don't waste your calories eating it, if you aren't going to remember it.
My favorite activity at the gym is:
I have a home gym, and I just bought me the Gold's Gym "Select" Dumbbells. They are a fun toy I love to utilize with the Beachbody Programs (P90X, ChaLEAN Extreme, and just got P90X2!)
The accomplishments I'm most proud of:
- I've lost 60lbs over the last year
- I'm inspiring and helping others to achieve their goals
- Got to be on the Rachael Ray show for my weight loss experience with HCG (Air date March 10th)
- My website www.bodybycandice.com
- Being a Beachbody Coach - www.beachbodycoach.com/candiceekberg
- My collegitate track career and B. S. in Exercise and Sport Science
- I'm an EMT-I and get to save lives!
- Most importantly - my awesome hubby, and 2 beautiful kiddos :)