Tara's Turkey Mini-Meatloaf
Biggest Loser season 7 all-star Tara Costa's favorite ranch recipe.
- 1 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 (20-ounce) package JENNIE-O TURKEY STORE® lean ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup fat free and sugar free ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute (such as Splenda® Brand)
Preheat oven to 350°F. In the work bowl of a food processor, combine onion, carrots and celery. Pulse until finely chopped. Add chipotle peppers and pulse until just combined.
In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey with the pepper and vegetable mixture. Add egg whites and oats; gently mix until combined. Place about 1/3 cup of the prepared meatloaf mixture into 9 wells of a standard size muffin pan that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine all of the topping ingredients in a small bowl; set aside. Remove meat loaves from oven and spoon the topping over each meatloaf. Return meatloaf to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until meatloaf is firm and the internal temperature registers 170°F. Let meatloaf stand for 5 minutes before serving. Makes 9 mini loaves.
Source: Biggest Loser