Featured Blog Posts
Cumin Scrambled Egg Breakfast Tacos
Soft breakfast tacos made with last night's taco dinner onions, peppers, cilantro, and avocado.Yield: Serves 4
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 3 Tbsp. almond milk (or cow's milk is fine)
- 4 small tortillas (we used a blue corn and flaxseed tortilla)
- grape tomatoes, avocado, bell peppers, cilantro - garnish, optional
- sausage or chorizo - optional
Finely chop the onions and mince the garlic and then saute in a hot skillet with the oil of your choosing.
Scramble the eggs in a bowl with cumin, paprika, and milk, then pour over the onions and garlic in the hot skillet.
While the eggs cook, warm or toast the tortillas.
Spoon the egg mixture in to the tortillas and top with vegetables or meat of your choice.
photos by Kacy Meinecke