Black Bean Sweet Potato Burgers
These vegan and vegetarian-friendly burgers make the perfect entree to a summertime meal.Yield: 14 Burgers; 1 per serving
- 2 cans black beans, lightly rinsed and drained
- 1 large sweet potato, baked and peeled
- 1/4 cup of red or white onions, diced
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger or ginger powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mash the black beans and sweet potato together with a whisk or fork. Then add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined using a large spoon.
- Spray a baking sheet with oil, then place 1/4-cup patties onto the sheet. Cook for 8 minutes on each side. 4. Serve immediately with desired toppings. Store in refrigerator to keep fresh for a few days. Otherwise, freeze in a well-insulated container or freezer bag and reheat in the microwave or oven.
Photo by Dana Shultz