A different approach to eating that involves no grains or refined foods.
TurboCharged is a book written by Dian Griesel, PhD and her bother Tom Griesel. This book is designed to accelerate your fat burning metabolism and help you get lean fast. This book will teach you how to get a lean body with eight easy steps. The book also tells you why conventional diet and exercise advice makes you fat, how to train your body to use fat for fuel, how to fuel with foods that cut body fat and what activities you can do to accelerate your fat loss. TurboCharged promises that in just three days you will start your body towards a lifetime of lean. Within 10 days of starting the program, you will be convinced and sure of its effectiveness. This book is different than a typical plan because it doesn’t provide meal plans or recipes. Instead it gives you the information you need to lose excess body fat. The program has been tried by people of all ages and they have all experienced success. TurboCharged is a great program for those that have tried several diets and gained their weight back. The eight steps that the book is based on include:
- Step #1: Forget What You’ve Been Told About Dieting
- Step #2: Measure REAL Success
- Step #3: The Fat-Burning Elixir
- Step #4: Fresh Breath Never Tasted So Good
- Step #5: TurboCharge Your Fat-Burning Metabolism With Activity
- Step #6: Muscle Power in 5
- Step #7: Eating to TurboCharge
- Step #8: Seeing the Prize
- Offers results through burning off excess fat instead of muscle and water
- Allows you to eat more
- See results quickly
- Speeds up your metabolism
- Both authors have used this program to achieve the best health of their lives
- Encourages you to keep an open mind
- TurboCharged is a holistic program
- Success will come to those that follow the steps
- Great results after following the program for just 10 days
- States you will lose three or more pounds every four to five days
- Program is something you can do for the rest of your life
- Encourages you to do several things before actually eating when you believe you’re hungry
- No refined foods or grain products allowed
- One program option involves eating 800 or fewer calories each day
Eating on the TurboCharged program involves eating one of six types of meals. Your meals will consist of one food group at a time. Eating this way will help you avoid indigestion and triggers the body to burn calories in the foods you eat more efficiently. This also signals the brain that food is plentiful and triggers the body to burn fat for excess energy requirements. Eating this way will send your fat burning into high speed. You are encouraged to drink at least two glasses of water when you wake in the morning. Then throughout the day, you should drink anywhere from two to four glasses of water when you feel hungry. Keeping hydrated is very important because often people confuse feelings of hunger with thirst. Light foods like fruits and vegetables are typically consumed during the daylight hours. The six different meals you will rotate through are listed below:
- A meal with any amount of whole protein and/or fat alone or combined. This includes beef, fish, pork, venison, chicken, eggs, cheeses of all kinds and tofu.
- A meal with any amount of fresh, whole fruits or vegetables. This includes baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, avocados and olives.
- A meal of 90 percent whole protein and/or fat (as outlined in the first group) along with no more than 10 percent vegetables. Think in terms of volume on a plate – not the calories of the food group.
- A meal of 90 percent vegetables and/or fruits along with no more than 10 percent whole protein (as outlined in the first group). Again, think in terms of volume on a plate – not calories of the food group. Use the “eye ball” rule.
- A smoothie made with water (or ice) and a scoop of 100 percent whey, egg or pea protein powder that has no more than three grams of carbohydrate, about 25 grams of protein and approximately 100 calories per serving.
- A smoothie made with water (or ice) and 1-2 whole fruits and a scoop of 100 percent whey, egg or pea protein.
For exercise, walking is the secret weapon of the program. The biggest difference between those that are lean and those that are overweight/obese is the amount of time they spend moving versus sitting. The legs and butt muscles drive the metabolism so walking becomes vitally important. Your pace should be steady but not too hard because you run the risk of moving out of the fat-burning zone. Walking requires no equipment other than a good pair of shoes. You can easily break up your walks to one after each meal to add up to an hour each day. Some additional tips offered in TurboCharged concerning walking include:
- Use a pedometer
- Add weight to your walk
- Use your arms
- Walk your dog
- Try a brief sprint
There are also some mini muscle workouts that you do each day. This is part of step six. You simply do three to five cycles each day. It is stressed that you will have a long and lean body using weights and conducting the strength training workouts. There is no need to worry about bulking up because you won’t be conducting long, hard routines. These exercises are designed to help you retain the muscle you already have. You should do your resistance exercises whenever you feel hungry and after you have drank plenty of water (two to four classes). You only need about three minutes of resistance every two to three hours throughout the day. That is the maximum you will ever need to look amazing. You don’t have to use dumbbells unless you want to. Some of the resistance exercises you can do include:
- Reverse lunge
- Body weight squats
- Standard push-up
- Countertop push-up
- Standing heel raises
- Butt squeezes
- Boxing upper cut
- Basic arm spins
The TurboCharged program seems to be one that you can adopt for a lifetime. It does offer some benefits like keeping the body hydrated and encouraging exercise. The food plan seems to very closely resemble a low carb diet. Grains and bread are not allowed and your only form of carbohydrates comes from vegetables and fruits. This program may be helpful if you can stick to it for the rest of your life.Common Misspellings
turboscharged, turbo charges, turbo charged, turbo lift, turbo charging