Transform Mind and Body with the Lap-Band
Learn what you need to know about lap-band surgery with this book.Top Rated Diets of 2016
Transform Mind and Body with the Lap-Band is a new book written by certified integrative nutritionist Lisa Gentile. This book is set to show that you don’t have to a live a life that is controlled by hunger and weight. All of the information and facts needed about having Lap-Band surgery are contained in this short book. Lap-Band surgery is a minimally invasive procedure that has been approved by the FDA which is designed to reduce food intake by imposing external constriction of the stomach. The procedure divides the stomach into two parts. The Lap-Band that is placed on the stomach is adjustable. Transform Mind and Body with the Lap-Band advocates having Lap-Band surgery and works to educate people on the procedure and the potential benefits. By decreasing hunger, curtailing eating and enhancing cognitive-thoughtful restraint, Lap-Band surgery helps many people overcome obesity and lose weight. Transform Mind and Body with the Lap-Band walks you through some details on the Lap-Band and having it adjusted.
Do You Know the Best Diets of 2016?
- Includes sufficient information about Lap-Band surgery
- A great guide for those considering the surgery
- Transitional menus and meal plans for after surgery stages
- Offers habits that will help you have a successful recovery
- Will not appeal to those that don’t qualify for surgery
- No exercise guidance offered
Transform Mind and Body with the Lap-Band includes some very specific advice on what you should eat after undergoing Lap-Band surgery. You are placed on a special diet that goes through stages starting with liquids, progressing to soft and mushy foods and finally solid foods. After you’ve had surgery, carbohydrates like pasta, rice and healthy whole grains need to be consumed in very small portions and with caution until you can tell if you can tolerate them. Once you are able to eat solid foods, your caloric intake will average about 1,000 per day and then progress to 1,200 per day. The recommended diet ends up being one that is high in protein and carbohydrates in the form of fruits, vegetables and whole gains. Below is a reflection of a day on solid foods after having Lap-Band surgery.
- Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg, 1 slice low-fat Swiss cheese, 1 slice whole wheat bread, 1 small peach
- Lunch: 3 oz. Garden burger; 1 small toasted pita; 10 grapes
- Dinner: 3 oz. broiled lean beef; 4 oz. steamed carrots; 2 oz. cooked spinach noodles
- Snack: ½ meal replacement bar (Zone, Luna, Pure Protein or Medifast brand)
There are also some helpful ways offered to make the most of your daily intake. These tips can easily be followed by those who are simply trying to lose weight even without surgery. Some of those tips include:
- Stop eating at the first sign of feeling comfortably satisfied with the amount of food consumed
- Limit all distractions including eating in front of the TV, on the go, in the car or reading while eating
- Eat adequate protein at each meal of at least three ounces
- Drink liquids between meals and not shortly after or with a meal
- Eat food slowly taking at least twenty minutes per meal while chewing food to mushy
There is no exercise guidance in Transform Mind and Body with the Lap-Band as the book focuses on the Lap-Band operation and proper eating after the surgery.CONCLUSION
For those that are considering Lap-Band surgery, Transform Mind and Body with the Lap-Band is a book offering helpful and useful information that will walk you through the process and tell you what to expect. There are meal plans and detailed tips that can help you make the most of your surgery and weight loss process.Common Misspellings
transform with the lapband, transform your mind with the lap band, transform body and mind with lap-band, lap-band transformation of mind and bodyHow Does Transform Mind and Body with the Lap-Band Compare?
Featured Diets and Supplements
Transform Mind and Body with the Lap-Band?