The Vitamin D Cure
Can your health problems be related to a lack of vitamin D?Top Rated Diets of 2016
- Established: 2012
- Authors: James E. Dowd, Diane Stafford
- Accessibility: Book
- Diet Type: High protein, low-carbohydrate
- Gender: Male, female
Do You Know the Best Diets of 2016?
The Vitamin D Cure is a book written by James E. Dowd and Diane Stafford that helps you drop pounds, feel great, stay younger longer and reduce pain and prevent disease. As a natural substance, vitamin D offers benefits to both your mood and your body. Increasing the amount of vitamin D in your body can heal several diseases and ailments including arthritis, high blood pressure, obesity, cancer and diabetes. Dr. James Dowd is a rheumatologist and associate clinical professor of medicine at Michigan State University. Diane Stafford has published several books including Migraines for Dummies and No More Panic Attacks.
Following The Vitamin D Cure actually gives you a natural way to increase your vitamin D levels which can help prevent and alleviate many health troubles in just a few weeks. The book includes recipes, meal plans, supplement and lifestyle advice that transform your body and life. The program is outlined in a five-step plan in part two of the book. Everything you need is included.PRO
- Includes a five-step plan to increase your vitamin D levels
- More vitamin D can prevent and get rid of certain health ailments
- Includes menus and recipes
- Encourage a healthy diet and exercise
- Program has been prescribed to many of the author’s patients with great results
- Offers a simple quiz to assess your risk for being vitamin D deficient
- Features various stories of patients that were helped with this program
- None to speak of
One of the first things you do after assessing your risk for vitamin D deficiency is examine what you eat. One of the culprits on the program is excess acid in your diet. After you’ve figured out what some of your dietary weaknesses are, you eliminate things like salt, pasta, cheese, bread and cereal. You are advised to have half a gram of protein per pound of lean body weight per day. Another general rule is to have three times as much produce as lean protein. There is a short survey with instructions that you take to figure out if you have excess acid in your diet. This simply means you are not getting enough potassium and magnesium from fruits and vegetables. It can also mean that you are eating too many acid-producing foods.
Your recommended foods will come from the food groups of lean meat and fresh produce. For both groups, remember fresh is best, frozen is okay in a pinch and canned is only okay if you’re stranded on a desert island. The Vitamin D Cure provides some menu options as well as a two week plan. Since it is recommended that you eliminate added salt, there is also a staple marinade recipe available that adds flavor to various meats. Below is one day of eating on the meal plan.
- Breakfast: Avocado Scramble Wrap; 1 orange; hot tea
- Lunch: Turkey breast with steamed asparagus, chopped tomatoes, sprouts and Universal Marinade in a romaine lettuce leaf; 2 apricots
- Snack: 1 apple with 2 tablespoons Homemade Nut Butter
- Dinner: Grilled chicken breast topped with Everyday Chimichurri; steamed broccoli and cauliflower
Exercising with The Vitamin D Cure is step five of the program. It is very important that you work exercise into your lifestyle. Some of the tips to do this are:
- Commit a 30-minute block of time to daily exercise
- Do daily stretches and strength exercises
- Do cardio exercise 30 minutes, three times per week
- Meditate while you exercise
To be successful at incorporating your exercise, you are asked to commit to protecting your time slot for exercise. Getting adequate vitamin D through the program will help you exercise better, longer and more productively. The book includes a no-sweat workout that will get the job done without any specialized materials needed. It includes:
- Stretches for hip extensions and knee flexors
- Push-ups (modifications available)
- Strengthening hip flexors
- Dips for shoulders and arms
- Stretches for your calves
- Stretches for your thighs
- Stretches for your shoulders
In addition to the descriptions in the book, you can download a video for visual reference. For Cardio it is recommended that you do something that raises your heart rate like walking, biking or swimming. For maintaining your current fitness level, you need to do 15 to 20 minutes at your maximum heart rate. If you are working to lose weight, then 45 minutes at your maximum heart rate is ideal. The book includes the formula needed to calculate your maximum heart rate.CONCLUSION
For many people that are suffering from fatigue, obesity, high blood pressure, heart disease and a host of other ailments, part of the problem could be a vitamin D deficiency. The Vitamin D Cure offers a solid plan to balance out your vitamin D levels, help you lose weight get you moving more. The diet may take some time to adjust to depending on your current eating habits, but it is one that is healthy and the exercise plan allows you to be in charge. The Vitamin D Cure certainly offers a program that can makeover your health for the better.Common Misspellings
the vit d cure, Vitamin d cures, the cure with vitamin dHow Does The Vitamin D Cure Compare?
Featured Diets and Supplements
The Vitamin D Cure?