The Sneaky Chef
A creative cookbook to get kids eating their veggies.Top Rated Diet Shakes of 2017
The Sneaky Chef: Simple Strategies for Hiding Healthy Foods in Kids' Favorite Meals is a book written by Missy Chase Lapine to help parents with the daunting task of getting their kids to eat healthier foods. The book includes tons of ideas and recipes to get your picky eater consuming more food that’s healthy for them and less that’s not.
Lapine may also be known for the lawsuit she brought against, Jessica Seinfeld, comedian Jerry Seinfeld's wife. Lapine accused Seinfeld of plagiarizing the Sneaky Chef ideas and recipes for Seinfeld's 2008 book, Deceptively Delicious, which bears resemblance to the Sneaky Chef's content and ideas.
The basic premise of sneaking vegetables into your children's and maybe even your spouse’s food is to hide it. The Sneaky Chef's secret weapon is pureeing healthy eats like spinach, green beans, sweet potatoes and more into recipes so that they are undetectable, but add a nutritional (and flavorful) punch. From mac n' cheese to brownies, casseroles and lasagna, The Sneaky Chef takes the fight out of getting kids to eat vegetables because they can’t see or taste them in the food.
The book gives excellent tips on what purees are the most unsuspecting and how you can make large batches of them, store them and use them on an as-needed basis. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and beverage recipes are all covered.
Being sneaky can help you turn your kids into vegetable lovers without them ever knowing the difference. And you might even find that you like having your vegetables this way a little better as well.
Do You Know the Best Diet Shakes of 2017?
- A creative way to get your kids eating more vegetables
- Purees can be made ahead and frozen
- Includes several different recipes
- Includes techniques for sneaking in more vegetables
- Recipes available for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and drinks
- Overall a healthier way of eating
- Not a diet program with the purpose of losing weight
- Completely food based; no exercise or activities suggested
- Not ideal for helping children learn long-term healthy eating habits
The Sneaky Chef is a book mostly about getting your kids to eat more vegetables. Many parents would agree that getting their kids to eat just about anything can be a chore. With The Sneaky Chef, parents are provided with some helpful tips and recipes that allow them to sneak the vegetables into some of the favorite foods of many children.
Sample sneaky recipes include:
- Mac n' cheese made with cauliflower, zucchini, sweet potatoes and carrots
- Brainy Brownies made with blueberries, spinach, wheat germ and oat bran
- Chocolate Chip pancakes made with sweet potatoes, carrots and wheat germ
- Barbell Burgers made with spinach, blueberries and oat bran
- Doctor's Choice Chili made with cauliflower, zucchini, spinach, green peas and broccoli florets.
Each recipe includes a per-serving nutrition analysis and suggestions for making a vegetarian version.EXERCISE
There are no exercise guidelines provided.CONCLUSION
The Sneaky Chef has received fairly positive reviews from parents thankful to have found their kids eating more of the vegetables they need. If you have young children that happen to be picky eaters that won’t touch a vegetable, try some of the techniques that The Sneaky Chef suggests. You may surprise yourself and find that you’re eating vegetables you don’t particularly care for either. There are many recipes included as well as time saving techniques. Your days of fighting with the kids about eating may be over.Common Misspellings
the sneeky chef, the sneaky cheif, the sneaky chief, sneaky chef, sneak chefHow Does The Sneaky Chef Compare?
Featured Diets and Supplements
The Sneaky Chef?