The Perfect 10 Diet
The 10 key hormones that can help you lose weight.Top Rated Diet Shakes of 2016
The Perfect 10 Diet, by Dr. Michael Aziz, will help you lose 14 pounds in 21 days. But rather than having you nosh on egg whites, light bread and diet soda, The Perfect 10 Diet reveals a revolutionary eating plan that has helped thousands of Dr. Aziz's patients lose weight without feeling hungry. It does so by stabilizing ten key hormone levels.
By eating foods like whole eggs, whole milk and real butter, Dr. Aziz brings back fat and carbs and shows how you can change your diet and health for good.
The Perfect 10 Diet is separated into three stages:
- Stage One lasts three weeks and involves eating the Paleolithic Diet.
- Stage Two lasts until the stage's objectives are met and includes whole grains in addition to the foods approved for eating in Stage One.
- Stage Three is the maintenance, or lifetime, phase and is much like Stage Two but more whole grains can be consumed as well as the very occasional refined sweet.
The ten key hormones that are outlined in the book are insulin, leptin, glucagon, thyroid hormone, human growth hormone, cortisol, dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. There are sections describing each of these hormones and their role in weight loss and long-term health.
The Perfect 10 Diet promises to help you look and feel years younger by losing weight, eating the foods you love and never feeling hungry.
Do You Know the Best Diet Shakes of 2016?
- Promotes the eating of real food
- Debunks popular diet myths and fad diets
- If followed correctly, weight loss and improved health can follow
- Focuses on a clean-eating meal plan that includes fresh and natural foods in their pure form
- Outlines a lifetime plan for eating
- Includes recipes
- Promotes exercise
- Strict vegetarians may have a hard time following the diet
- Similar to other low-carb diets
The Perfect 10 Diet goes against numerous currently-held beliefs about what you can and should eat when trying to lose weight. With medical research and scores of studies to provide evidence of The Perfect 10 Diet's plan, Dr. Aziz explains that the real culprit with our weight problem has to do with refined carbohydrates and not with fat.
The Perfect 10 Diet therefore espouses an eating plan that avoids all sugar, except for those occurring in fruit, all processed foods, diet food and light foods. Rather, you consume whole eggs, full-fat milk, and butter in addition to lean meats and tons of fresh vegetables.
The Perfect 10 Diet lists its Perfect 10 foods. Those foods are:
- Dark meat
- Olive oil
- Wild salmon
- Cruciferous vegetables
- Whole milk
During Stage One of The Perfect 10 Diet, three meals a day are consumed, with no grains and no alcohol. During Stage Two, in addition to the three meals, you can also add one to three servings of whole grains to your diet and drink alcohol in small amounts. In Stage Three, you can increase your whole grain consumption and eat a refined or processed sweet on a special occasion.
Sample meals are given for each stage as well as lists of foods to avoid, lists of foods that are permitted, eating out guides and recipes.
A typical day during Stage Two might look like this:
- Breakfast: One cup of slow-cooked oatmeal with one-half glass of full-fat milk
- Lunch: Tuna and artichoke salad
- Dinner: Moroccan grilled chicken and mixed vegetables
- Snack: One apple or 1/2 of a cantaloupe
Exercise is strongly encouraged while following The Perfect 10 Diet. In fact, not only are you instructed to exercise, but you are educated on how specific kinds of exercise influence three key hormones in weight loss: insulin, glucagon and human growth hormone.
In order to lose weight, you are encouraged to walk one hour every day or go to the gym for at least 45 minutes, three to four days a week. A combination of aerobic fitness and strength training are encouraged for weight loss in addition to incorporating more movement into your day.CONCLUSION
The Perfect 10 Diet is not like your average low-carb or high protein diet. By focusing on medical research, evolutionary biology and basic metabolic principles, Dr. Michael Aziz debunks popular diet myths and replaces them with scientific and revealing facts about how the human body loses weight, processes food and prevents disease.
By focusing on ten key hormones, The Perfect 10 Diet outlines a three-stage plan to help you look and feel better than you ever have.Common Misspellings
perfect ten diet, the perfect ten diet, the prefect 10 diet, the ten diet, the purfect 10 diet, perfect 10 hormone dietHow Does The Perfect 10 Diet Compare?
The Perfect 10 Diet?