The Mommy Diet
Biggest Loser host Alison Sweeney shows other moms how to get fit and stay that way.
Alison Sweeney is a busy mom of two young children, Ben and Megan. Despite her roles on Days of Our Lives and Biggest Loser, she still makes her health, and that of her family and children, a priority. See how she balances it all in her book The Mommy Diet, published in December 2010.
In the book she shares a nutrition, fitness, and self-care plan to help mothers look and feel their best before, during, and after pregnancy. Together with experts, Alison guides moms-to-be and moms through the three stages of pregnancy in monthly sections so that they stay healthy and not lose their minds!
- Pre-pregnancy: the goal is to be as healthy, happy, and hot as possible.
- Pregnancy: will guide you trimester to trimester and you’ll learn how to handle morning sickness, food cravings, and even fashionable maternity style.
- Postpartum: explains how to manage hurdles of baby weight, sleep deprivation, and even the shell-shocked feeling of the incredible life change that has taken place.
Learn more about The Mommy Diet, and look for more details to come soon.
- Offers a "Kick-start" diet program for moms who feels they have retained their baby weight for too long
- Contains advice from Hollywood's top trainers and nutritionists
- Each chapter includes tips about eating, fitness, fashion and even romance
- More geared towards first-time moms
If you are trying to get pregnant, it's important to reach a healthy weight. But crash diets are not the answer, because you may be pregnant for several weeks before you realize it. Sweeney's big advice for anyone who is trying to get pregnant is to eat like you're already pregnant.
For pregnant women, Sweeney addresses foods that are potentially harmful to an unborn baby, how to deal with nausea and cravings, and how to start increasing your caloric intake in a healthy way.
The book also contains a range of healthy recipes that can be eaten at any time.EXERCISE
Each section of the book contains great fitness advice for that stage of motherhood: mom-to-be, pregnant moms, and new moms. From the beginning of the book, Sweeney emphasizes how important being fit and active is for being a mom and having healthy kids. She says that it's important to combine both cardio and strength training before and after pregnancy. However, there are certain activities that should not be done during pregnancy, like sports that have a high risk of falling or activities that might cause you to overheat. Sweeney also addresses pregnancy-specific exercises, like Kegels.CONCLUSION
Although Alison Sweeney is a very successful television star, she know what it's like to be a busy mom. Her book is full of practical, doable advice. Of course, it's always good to talk with your doctor about your specific needs when it come to eating and working out while pregnant, but in general, this book offers solid advice. If you are a mom with your first baby or pregnant for the first time, this book can be a big help in staying fit and sane.Common Misspellings
Alison Sweeney Diet, Ali Sweeney Diet, Mom Diet, Moms Diet, Mother Diet, Momma Diet