The Lean Belly Prescription
Use small changes to make a big difference with this diet..Top Rated Diets of 2016
Dr. Travis Stork of the TV show The Doctors and former Bachelor contestant has taken his medical expertise to print. He, along with Peter Moore, have written a new book titled The Lean Belly Prescription. Peter Moore is the editor of Men’s Health Magazine. In this new book, you are introduced to a new diet plan and some new ways to workout. The book was released on December 7, 2010. The Lean Belly Prescription offers you a fast and foolproof diet and weight loss plan. This diet allows you to change your body without having to spend hours on end in the gym. This book takes an inside look at the scientific term non-exercise aerobic thermogenesis or NEAT.
This diet is designed to help curb the possible effects of high levels of belly fat including heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, sleep disorders and more. The strategies are simple and fast so that you can lose weight without having to make drastic changes. This diet promises to give you more energy, more money, more confidence, better sex and help add years to your life.
Do You Know the Best Diets of 2016?
- Encourages making small changes that anyone can handle
- Talks about how to fit in exercise without technically exercising
- Not required to spend hours in the gym
- You get to decide what foods you want to eat and
- Teaches you ways to incorporate exercise that involves the whole family
- Still allowed to snack and eat desserts
- Encourages getting rid of belly fat which can lower chances for diseases
- Written by a practicing medical doctor
- Plan involves making lifestyle changes rather than temporary changes
- None to speak of
Eating with The Lean Belly Prescription allows you to continue eating your favorite foods, but with a more direct plan. You will still get to have things like hearty breakfasts, steak, burgers and even dessert with this plan. Basically you follow the Lean Belly laws each day. These laws allow you to make small changes to your diet without having to give up everything you love. The Lean Belly laws are as follows:
- Eat at least three servings per day of calcium-rich dairy products
- Switch all refined carbohydrates you currently eat to whole grain versions (pasta, bread, rice, crackers and cookies)
- Drink six 8-ounce glasses of water each day along with any other liquids you normally drink
- Graze on at least two pieces of fruit per day and at least three servings of vegetables focusing on leafy greens like spinach, broccoli and Brussels sprouts
- If you eat beef, choose cuts that are low in fat like sirloin and choose grass-fed beef whenever possible
- Eat a breakfast that is rich in protein every day with foods like eggs, milk, yogurt, quinoa, steel-cut oats, whole wheat toast and whole fruits and berries
- For snacking use the rule of three to eat a 200 calorie snack made of a protein and two other food groups two hours before a main meal; eat three snacks per day
- Drink two protein powder based smoothies per day, one for breakfast and the other in place of dessert
- Eat beans two to three times per week at dinner in place of meat ensuring that you are getting 10 grams of fiber in each meal
- Eat healthy filling fats like peanut butter, avocado, olive oil and butter
The key to exercise with The Lean Belly Prescription is the NEAT process or non-exercise aerobic thermogenesis. There are four elements to the NEAT process that will help you succeed. The first step is tap more energy. By spending at least 20 minutes outdoors, you can have up to 20 percent more physical and mental energy than those who stay inside. The second element is clock in some cardio. You can do something simple like playing dodgeball or soccer. You can also plan to do a formal workout. The important thing is to engage in something for at least 20 minutes each day. Third on the list is strengthening your core. A really easy way to incorporate this is to use a Swiss ball for 20 minutes of every hour that you sit at your desk. This will keep you moving constantly and help alleviate back pain that you can get from sitting too much. Lastly you can burn calories effortlessly. To fulfill this element you can do things like stand up when you talk on the phone. For longer conversations this can lead to some serious calorie burning.CONCLUSION
The Lean Belly Prescription offers a new perspective to dieting and getting healthy. Making some simple changes to both your dieting and exercise habits can lead to some big changes that will help eliminate belly fat and help stave off life threatening diseases. Dr. Travis Stork along with Peter Moore have written a book that includes a diet plan that is easy to follow and allows you to burn more calories without officially exercising. Implementing simple and small changes can make it easy for you to lose weight and get into shape without feeling like you have to overhaul your everyday life.ABOUT RODALE
The lead belly prescription, the lean belly prescritpion, the lean belly prescripion, lean belly perscriptionHow Does The Lean Belly Prescription Compare?
Featured Diets and Supplements
The Lean Belly Prescription?