The Game On! Diet
A fun way to lose weight with a partner or friend.
The Game On! Diet: Kick Your Friend's Butt While Shrinking Your Own is a book written by Krista Vernoff and Az Ferguson. The Game On! Diet encourages you to get into shape without the stress of dieting, but using the fun of a game instead. While participating in the Game On! Diet, you will find yourself organizing teams of people who are going to be working toward the same goals you are. You earn daily points for everything from exercising to eating healthy and getting a good night’s sleep. Author Krista Vernoff was able to lose 40 pounds after having a baby using this very program.
The Game On! Diet offers a funny and team oriented approach to losing weight. Each chapter of the book addresses the set-up for the game and how to play. You find out how much water you need to drink, and how many points various activities are worth. The Game On! Diet gives users a competitive and fun approach to losing weight and getting into shape. There’s also a prize you’re working for to provide a little extra motivation.
- Encourages friendly competition in weight loss
- Eat five small meals per day
- Earn points for sleeping, eating, exercising and drinking water
- Earn points for exercising 20 minutes per day six days a week
- Extensive details on foods to eat and avoid given to eliminate confusion
- Not a good fit for those who don’t like competition
Each day you participate in The Game On! Diet, you are asked to eat five small meals. Those meals could include:
- Breakfast: Spinach onion and tomato omelet made with egg whites and low fat cheese
- Snack: ½ grapefruit, low-fat mozzarella string cheese
- Lunch: Salad with cucumber, sweet peppers and salmon
- Snack: Milk and an apple
- Dinner: Flounder sautéed in olive oil, black beans and a baked sweet potato
For the exercise portion of The Game On! Diet, doing 20 minutes or more per day of activity six days per week will work. This includes anything that raises your heart rate. There is a lot of flexibility with this. Below are some options you might try:
The Game On! Diet can be a great way to involve others in your weight loss journey. The game approach of this program teaches you to sneak in healthy habits and get moving more while eating better. Before you know it, you’ve lost weight and started to tone your muscles.
It’s been proven that people do better with a workout or weight loss program if they do it with someone else. Through the Game On! Diet, you can involve several people and work as a team to blast away extra pounds.Common Misspellings
game on deit, games on diet, the game diet