The Complete Beck Diet for Life
Dr. Beck introduces a healthy weight loss plan that provides success for a lifetime.Top Rated Diet Pills of 2016
Dr. Judith Beck is the daughter of Aaron Beck, the well known founder of cognitive therapy. She writes that she has been through this journey herself, and she has assisted many others through therapy and her previous books The Beck Diet Solution and The Beck Diet Solution Weight Loss Workbook. Her newest book, The Complete Beck Diet for Life, adds a specific diet plan to her cognitive therapy approach of changing thinking and habits.
There are five stages in the Complete Beck Diet, in which you'll learn:
- Success Skills and how to change your habits regarding food in stage one.
- You'll use the Think Thin Initial Eating Plan and change the way you eat in stage two.
- You'll begin to address the Challenging Situations plan in stage three, in which you'll learn how to manage food in situations like traveling, dining out, parties or even during stress.
- Then learn how to be flexible and still successfully continue on your journey during stage four's Think Thin Lifetime Eating plan.
- Finally, Dr. Beck teaches the skills needed to maintain these changes for life, and how to handle times you feel like falling off the wagon.
EDITOR’S TIP: Combine this supplement with a proven fat burner as Sletrokor for better results
- Encourages readers to take note of and celebrate success throughout
- Confronts the thoughts you may have in reaction to help you stay on track
- Reader sets the pace that is most appropriate for him or her
- Author is respected in her field and has personal experience with weight loss
- Multi-phasic plan prepares readers for lifelong success
- Author cites research in the book, lending credibility
- Variety in meal choices
- This book does not address any possible deeper issues related to poor eating habits or extra weight.
Dr. Beck uses a formula to help you determine the most appropriate caloric level to help you lose weight. You'll have access to specific food plans at five different caloric levels (2400 calories/day - 1600 calories/day, various options, and recipes. Dr. Beck instructs readers in planning out all they will consume. She offers guidelines for each meal and transitions from a weight loss meal plan to a maintenance meal plan. With this plan, you are able to fully enjoy all of your favorite foods and beverages in the correct portions.
For each calorie plan, Dr. Beck breaks down how many calories should be consumed at each meal, and suggestions for the which foods should make up that meal from a pre-determined list. For the person following the 1800 calorie plan, that would look something like this:
Breakfast, 350 calories Six egg whites and half serving of oatmeal, plus fruit
Lunch, 450 calories Turkey burger plus fruit and side salad
Dinner, 550 calories Beef brisket, whole wheat dinner roll, a salad with dressing, and a vegetable
Dr. Beck describes the importance and benefits of exercise in Stage 1. She states that the most important goal is to develop a lifetime habit of exercise, and she offers tips on creating that habit and finding small ways to increase activity on a daily basis.CONCLUSION
This book is not a fad diet or a quick fix; it is about making healthy changes that can last a lifetime, and feels like having the personalized attention of a weight loss coach with you at all times. It is positive and easy to read. The focus is on your thoughts and creating a positive relationship with yourself and food.Common Misspellings
complete beck diet, beck diet for life, beck's diet, the beck diet, complete beck life diet, judith beck diet
Featured Diets and Supplements
The Complete Beck Diet for Life?