Advertisement

| |

Home > Diets > Books Diet Navigation    
User Rating

This diet does not have a rating because it does not have enough votes.

Tried it? Rate it!

The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl

The humorous and heartfelt memoir of Shauna Reid, who lost 175 pounds.

BACKGROUND Start the Diet Now Advertisement

The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl is an unabashed, humorous and heartfelt memoir by Shauna Reid, a once 351-pound woman who transformed herself from couch potato to weight loss and blogging goddess.

Reid, who is today 175 pounds lighter, uses the globe as her backdrop for chronicling her life as she travels from Paris to Red Square to Australia looking for love and herself.

This autobiographical account inspires and motivates any woman or man who is desperate to lose weight and reclaim their sense of self. In it, she covers her seven-year weight loss journey, which includes her travels around the world fashioned in seven dress sizes that became smaller and smaller.

Today, Reid lives in Scotland and is the creator of her widely popular website where she continues to document her weight loss, which she has managed to maintain since 2006, and share tips, insights, stories and humor that support her healthy lifestyle and that of countless other devoted fans.

PRO
  • Honest and real story of weight loss offers inspiration and motivation
  • Author has managed to sustain weight loss
  • Not a preachy diet plan
CON
  • Not a diet plan per se
  • Targeted more toward women than men
DIET and NUTRITION

While The Adventures of Dietgirl does not include a set-in-stone diet plan, Reid's basic rule of thumb for healthy living is to eat about 80 percent virtuously - whole grains, fruits, vegetables, healthy fats and mostly vegetarian lean protein. The other 20 percent is reserved for goodies.

On her website she posts tips for weight loss and for getting in shape. Examples include:

  • always eat breakfast
  • indulge in miniature-sized versions of your favorite eats
  • lift weights
  • exercise often
  • buy your groceries online
  • plan meals ahead of time
  • drink tea in lieu of snacking on unhealthy eats
  • and many more

Her motto is, "Do the healthy thing more often than you don't."

EXERCISE

When she began her weight loss journey, Reid could barely walk to the end of her block without getting winded. By the end of her first year of dieting she braved the gym where she focused on cardio training and weight classes, gradually increasing her intensity and length of workout out time.

Today, a strong advocate of exercise, Reid now engages in regular Pilates, weight training and kickboxing classes.

CONCLUSION

The Adventures of Dietgirl is a charming and genuine story of one woman's inspiring weight loss journey who once tipped the scales at 350 pounds. After losing half of her body weight in seven years while traveling all around the world, Shauna Reid is now in maintenance mode, but still holds true to her un-diet mentality that focuses more on learning how to feel happy and healthy in her own skin.

Anyone looking for an engaging, inspiring and honest weight loss story to ignite their own health journey, The Adventures of Dietgirl will offer hope, laughter and countless pearls of wisdom and advice to nosh on.

Common Misspellings

amazing advntures of dietgirl, amazing adventures of diet girl, amazing adventure of dietgirl, amazing aventure of dietgirl, amazing advenshur of diet girl, diet girl adventures, dietgirl amazing adventures


Related Diets: Vegetarian Diet, Rachael Ray Diet, The Whole Foods Diet, Kim Lyons: Your Body, Your Life, Marilu Henner Total Health Makeover, Our Lady of Weight Loss: All is Forgiven, The French Don't Diet Plan , Valerie Bertinelli: Losing It


> Leave Feedback

User Feedback

(Page 1 of 1, 1 total comments)

Jules

This book was awesome. Shauna is very easy to relate to and very funny. I finished it in 2 nights, it was that good.

posted Dec 28th, 2009 2:53 pm



   
 

Leave Feedback

Skip the moderation queue by becoming a MyDIR member.

Already a member?

Need to sign up?
It’s free and only it takes a minute.
There are two ways to join:


Or, proceed without an account