The 4 Day Diet
Retrain your mind to conquer the mental challenges of dieting.Top Rated Diets of 2016
The diet mastermind behind the "Fat Smash Diet" and the diet expert on VH1's "Celebrity Fit Club," Dr. Ian K. Smith is now helping you overcome the mental obstacles that too often leave us in the circular rat-race of yo-yo dieting.
Whether refined carbs, cheesy hamburgers or chocolate truffles are your achilles heal, The 4 Day Diet will help you resist the usual diet pitfalls as you work your way through seven four-day phases of healthy eating.
According to Dr. Smith, when it comes to resisting temptation, your mind is locked in a battle with your anticipated sense of physical satisfaction. But the good news is that if you can retrain your mind into thinking that the immediate reward of chomping on a burger and fries will be far less satisfying then the tremendous benefit you receive from resisting the temptation, then you are well on your way to tackling your cravings once and for all.
Do You Know the Best Diets of 2016?
- Teaches us about the power of our mind's and sense of self-control to conquer healthy-eating obstacles
- Encourages variety in diet
- Leads to long-term satisfaction of feeling good about the food choices you make
- Dr. Ian K. Smith respected expert in weight loss field
- Includes an active fitness regimen
- May be counterproductive for someone who has very little discipline for abstaining from trigger foods
- 4 Day Diet is actually a month-long diet comprised of seven, four-day phases
- Some modules contain a very strict eating plan
- Not clear how you should eat once diet is complete
The 4 Day Diet is based upon Dr. Smith's 80-20 rule: 80% of dieting is mental and 20% is physical. The 4 Day Diet is outlined in seven four-day phases that have a specific objective.
The seven phases are:
- Induction: for detox and cleansing
- Transition: re-introduces all food groups
- Protein Stretch: aims to avoid plateaus
- Smooth: allows you to have some formerly forbidden foods like pizza and French fries
- Push: is the sprint just before the final stretch, back to a stricter eating plan
- Pace: a comfortable module for you to catch your breath
- Vigorous: the last module to lose those last few pounds
The 4 Day Diet also features 60 recipes. Sample dishes include pesto-crusted chicken breast with eggplant caponata, spicy turkey-chipotle meatloaf with sweet potato puree and grilled vegetables, steamed clams with whole wheat linguine and basil-white wine sauce.
Vegetarian substitutions can also be made to any of the recipes.EXERCISE
Be prepared to exercise on The 4 Day Diet. In fact, you'll exercise a lot, on most days of the week for more than just 30 minutes. It is an integral part of the success of the plan.
Dr. Smith puts forth a variety of exercise options for you that work around your lifestyle. A combination of cardio and resistance training is the basic outline of the kind of exercise you will be doing.CONCLUSION
The 4 Day Diet is more like a month-long program that is designed to help you lose weight and curtail the typical dieting challenges that so many of us fall victim to. Created by Dr. Ian Smith, the mastermind behind The Fat Smash Diet, the 4 Day Diet is a tough but results-friendly guide that works in four-day intervals of seven specific diet phases.
Be prepared to exercise and be even more prepared to sharpen your mental game as you develop long-term strategies that strengthen your mind and resolve to stick to your health goals.Common Misspellings
Four-Day Diet, 4 Day Diet, The Four Day Diet, 4-day deit, 4-dya diet, Ian Smith Diet, four days dietHow Does The 4 Day Diet Compare?
Featured Diets and Supplements
The 4 Day Diet?