Take Shape for Life
A weight loss program that includes the Medifast 5 & 1 meal plan.Top Rated Diet Pills of 2016
- Established: 1980
- Founder: William Vitale, M.D.
- Co-Founder: Dr. Wayne Anderson, M.D.
- Headquarters: Owings Mills, Maryland
- Stock Symbol: MED, TSFL
- Accessibility: Online, personal coaching
- Diet Type: Meal delivery
- Gender: Male and female
- Get started saving with these Medifast Coupons
EDITOR’S TIP: Combine this supplement with a proven fat burner as Sletrokor for better results
Take Shape for Life is a program that combines three elements to provide optimal health. Those components include a health coach, Habits of Health program, and the Medifast 5 & 1 meal plan.
On the Take Shape for Life program, dieters can lose between two and five pounds per week in a safe manner. Through the Medifast meals, dieters receive portion-controlled nutritious meals, in addition to free one-on-one support from a health coach. The meals include a mixture of shakes, soups, stews, chili, oatmeal, scrambled eggs and other drinks and snacks.
Dieters will be able to identify some of the unhealthy patterns that may be holding them back from the healthy lifestyle they desire. The Habits of Health part of the plan works as a step-by-step program to replace unhealthy habits with healthy ones.
The program focuses on including elements of improved nutrition, proper sleep, exercise and stress management into a healthy new lifestyle.PRO
- Covers all elements of reaching a healthy weight
- Provides portion-controlled meals
- Includes one-on-one coaching for support
- Offers weight loss at a fast but safe rate
- Concentrates on overall health rather than just weight loss
- Pre-packaged foods eliminate most of the need for cooking
- Medifast is recommended by many doctors
- Encourages dieters to eat several small meals throughout the day
- Packaged meals can make it hard to transition back to regular foods
- Meal delivery can be expensive
- Must purchase groceries for one meal per day in addition to the meals that are delivered
Eating with the Take Shape for Life program offers the convenience of meals delivered directly to your door via the Medifast 5 & 1 meal plan.
This plan includes five portion-controlled Medifast meals from a total of 70 meal choice options, and one Lean & Green Meal each day.
All of the Medifast meals contain vitamins, minerals, fiber and nutrients. These include the shakes, soups, stew, chili, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, fruit drinks, iced teas, hot beverages, bars, pudding, pretzel sticks and cheese puffs.
The Lean & Green meal is a simple meal consisting of one five to seven ounce portion of lean protein, up to two servings of healthy fat, and three servings of low-carbohydrate, non-starchy vegetables. Below is a sample day menu on the Take Shape for Life program:
- Breakfast – Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal and green tea
- Mid Morning Snack – Cappuccino
- Lunch – Chicken Noodle Soup
- Afternoon Snack – Chocolate Snack Bar
- Dinner – Lean & Green – Grilled Chicken Salad
- Evening Snack – Chocolate Pudding
Exercise is recommended with Take Shape for Life as a way to help dieters work toward optimal health.
Exercising is necessary to help with weight loss, improve metabolism, and maintain a healthy weight, which the dieter him or herself chooses. However, it isn't the primary focus and is introduced later in the program after healthy eating habits have already been established.
If dieters haven’t already been exercising prior to starting the program, they are advised to wait a couple of weeks before implementing a fitness routine so their body can adjust to the calorie levels of the meal program. Dieters are encouraged to start exercise slowly and gradually increase their activity and intensity as they feel up to it.
While on the Medifast 5 & 1 plan, it's recommended that dieters do about 30 minutes of moderate exercise each day. Vigorous exercise should be limited to 45 minutes a day. Since calorie count will be low while on the program, it's recommended that dieters not overdo it with exercise. The types of recommended exercise are not limited to, but include:
- Strength Training
- Bike Riding
Take Shape for Life is a program that offers a permanent solution to losing weight, getting healthy and feeling great. This program uses the Medifast 5 & 1 meal plan, which has been proven to help dieters lose two to five pounds each week.
Take Shape for Life incorporates healthy eating practices with exercise and coaching support. This program can be very helpful for those who might have a large amount of weight to lose or who need guidance on getting started with a healthy plan.Common Misspellings
Shape for life, taking shape for life, shapes for life, eating shape for life, life shape
Take Shape for Life?