A diet pill for rapid and drastic weight loss.
SlimAid is a weight loss supplement that helps burn fat from your hips and tummy while also suppressing your appetite and boosting your metabolism.
Containing a mix of popular weight loss herbs and extracts, SlimAid toutes itself as being your magic secret to rapid weight loss.
In addition to hoodia gordonii, an appetite suppressant, green tea extract, a metabolism booster, SlimAid also contains chitosan, a polysaccharide that comes from the shells of shrimp and other sea crustaceans. Chitosan is used medically to clot blood, agriculturally to support plant growth and now as a possible, but unsubstantiated, fat binder whereby the substance clings on to dietary fat and removes it from the body.
SlimAid contains a blend of all three ingredients and claims to help you drop 20 pounds in 30 days.
- Green tea has antioxidant qualities
- May help to initially inspire a weight loss program
- Makes exaggerated health and weight loss claims
- Product website does not provide information on what is contained in supplement
- FDA has issued a warning about companies that promote chitosan-containing products
- May cause side effects
- May be dangerous if combined with other medications, particularly blood-thinners
- Automatically enrolls customer in auto-ship program
- Website contains misleading advertising and marketing information and images
- Genuine hoodia is very difficult and costly to come by
- Customer service was not able to provide ingredient information
SlimAid contains green tea extract, chitosan and hoodia gordonii. The product may contain other ingredients, but both its website and customer service support center was not able to provide such information.ADMINISTRATION
SlimAid comes in a capsule form and should be taken according to the directions on the package label.DIET and EXERCISE
No accompanying diet or exercise information is given.CONCLUSION
SlimAid is a diet pill that is fraught with problems. From the grossly exaggerated health claims the product makes on its website to its lack of information on its website, SlimAid may claim to be your magic pill to weight loss, but the only magical thing about it as that once you sign up for it, you will probably see your money magically disappear from your bank account. What is even more alarming is their customer service support center had no record of the SlimAid product and could therefore not provide any information on its ingredients or how to take it.
Therefore, any potential SlimAid customer is well-advised to stay away from this product for health and financial reasons.Common Misspellings
slim aid, simaid, slim-aid, slimaids, slimming aid, slimaide, slimade