Slim and Sexy Forever
Suzanne Somers is back with a breakthrough diet for those over 50.
Suzanne Somers has long been praised for her well toned body as well as aging gracefully. She has written several books on the subject and continues to prove that she has a figure worth paying attention to. One of her books titled Slim and Sexy Forever shows readers how to use a hormone solution for permanent weight loss and optimal living.
This book also includes 100 recipes for readers to try. This book is specially designed for women and even men over 50 who want to lose weight. Another target area addressed is women who have gone through menopause and might be struggling with hormonal issues as well as weight issues. Something that is recommended in this book for women who have gone through menopause is biomedical hormone replacement therapy. She also recommends a diet that includes lots of fruits and vegetables with a limited amount of whole grains. Somers tips readers off to some of the unhealthier high glycemic foods that you should avoid, and her recipes are simple enough to follow.
This program focuses heavily on hormonal imbalance and how that must be remedied before trying to get results through weight loss. This program has received very high praise from those that have had tremendous results.
Slim and Sexy Forever can also be followed online with Somers' online weight loss program, [Sexy Forever]. The online program features all the information you might find in the book as well as updates, a support network of fellow Sexy Forever followers and new recipes and meal ideas.
- Targeted at those over 50 who want to lose weight
- Addresses the issue of hormone imbalance affecting weight
- Features 100 recipes
- Author is credible and has written several best selling weight loss books
- Teaches you how to balance your hormones before you work on balancing your diet
- Doesn’t exclude a particular group of foods
- Focuses on both diet and exercise to lose weight
- Recipes include everything from main meat dishes to pasta to dessert
- Plan can also be followed online giving the individual access to a network of supporters as well as new information, updates, tips and strategies from Somers
- Recommended hormones not available in all areas from all doctors
Eating is important on the Slim and Sexy Forever plan. The book not only outlines the plan for you, but also includes 100 recipes that you can prepare. While on this program you learn what carbohydrates are good for you and make you fit, while also learning which ones can make you fat. You are not required to exclude carbs completely which is important to many dieters.
The recipes that are included in the book are classified as egg dishes, soups, salads, vegetables, poultry, desserts, convenience cooking, fish and seafood, rice, pasta and grains and sauces, salsas, relishes and dressings. Some of the deliciously healthy recipes that are included in the book are listed below:
- Summer tomato soup with basil pistou and parmesan crisps
- Chopped vegetable salad with roasted chicken
- Pan roasted rib eye steak with slow-roasted sweet onion and sautéed spinach
- Grilled halibut with spicy rock shrimp salsa
- Whole wheat linguine with candied roma tomatoes
- Crispy skinned salmon with roasted garlic aioli and warm radicchio shitake mushroom salad
- Peppered pork chops with fried sage leaves, smashed Tuscan potatoes and braised red chard
- Warm chocolate soufflé cakes
- Wild berry crostada
- Velvet chocolate pudding
Exercise is important on this program to help you achieve faster results and lose weight. The book covers the effects exercising will have on your metabolism, how important it is to do weight bearing exercises and how to develop a routine that you can stick with. Due to the effect of hormones with this program, what type of exercise you do is important. Some exercises will make you feel worse and then you end up not working out at all.
The recommended exercises include walking, slow jogging and slow cycling. Anything too high intensity should be avoided.CONCLUSION
Battling a weight problem later in life brings about a different set of challenges. Slim and Sexy Forever addresses those challenges and helps you get on track to balancing your hormones so that you can get the most from the diet and exercise plan. Some of the recommended treatments are difficult to come by in certain areas, but Suzanne Somers gives you the info to get what you need. You can start losing weight and feeling great no matter what your age with this program.Common Misspellings
slam and sexy forever, slim sexy forever, slimmed and sexy forver