SHRED - The Revolutionary Diet
Dr. Ian Smith's six week diet plan to lose at least 20 pounds.
This book, written by Ian K. Smith, M.D., is about a six week diet plan that is designed to get those last 20 pounds off. It's concept is all about switching things up and confusing your metabolism in order to see continued success.
Smith got the idea of the book while he was helping a close friend lose some serious weight. After losing about 30% of her starting body fat, she hit a plateau. Smith soon realized it was her success that was keeping her from more success which was how he came up with the idea for Shred. This diet is for those who have hit a plateau in their weight loss journal still have those last few pounds to lose.
- You're allowed 6-7 meals a day
- It is recommended for almost anyone who's looking to lose between 10-100 pounds.
- Can increase energy levels
- Food is inexpensive
- Food can be found in any grocery store
- The food allowed is actually tasty
- Making sure you can get all of your meals in can be time consuming and hard for those with a busy schedule.
- The diet is demonstrated as a way of life therefore if it is stopped, weight regain is possibly.
- May not work for everyone
This diet combines a low glycemic index diet with meal replacements and meal spacing. About 6-7 meals are to be consumed each day in order to keep the metabolism running. It also incorporates Dr. Ian's concept called "Diet Confusion" which is meant to trick the body and enhance it's performance. Each of the six weeks has a different purpose, directions and name. The weeks are strategically planned to work together as a whole and should be followed to the best of ability.EXERCISE
This book is focused on the diet portion of weight loss therefore no detailed exercise guidelines are given.CONCLUSION
This diet is for those who have already been on a long weight loss journey, and are now at a plateau with about 10-20 pounds left to lose to reach their goals. Out of those who have tried this diet, the average weight loss in six weeks was 20 pounds.Common Misspellings
shread, shrd, revolutinary diet, revolutinary ravolutionary, revlutionary, revolutinary, schred,