A meal replacement plan that allows you to still eat.
Shakeology Nutrition is a company that offers meal replacement protein shakes. These healthy shakes offer a delicious alternative to the tasteless shakes you might be used to. You can use Shakeology shakes as a meal replacement or in place of a snack. The shakes are manufactured by Beach Body Fitness which is known for their many home workout systems.
Shakeology shakes have low glycemic numbers and the ingredients include various fruits and vegetables. These shakes include 70 healthy ingredients and they help your body eliminate toxins. You can use these shakes to lose weight, feel energized, lower cholesterol and improve digestion and regularity. The shakes keep you full for a longer period of time and allow you to maintain your energy levels throughout the day. Staying full will keep you from eating and help you lose weight.
Shakeology products contain 23 vitamins and minerals as well as various digestive enzymes, proteins and essential amino acids. There are several recipes available so you can add some variety to your shakes. A full program including diet and exercise advice is available on the Shakeology web site.
- Includes diet and exercise plan
- Protein shakes that keep you full
- Helps body release toxins
- You only have to replace one meal per day with a shake to see results
- Helps you lose weight and get healthier
- Web site includes recipes for you to try
- Product is made by Beach Body
- Highly praised by those who have tried the product
- Doesn’t address the problem of those that eat even when they are not hungry
- Some may have trouble replacing a meal with a shake
- Powder can be more expensive than other meal replacement products
These shakes have no caffeine and no refined sugars or artificial sweeteners. There are over 70 ingredients in these shakes, so just a few are highlighted. The ingredients below are taken from the chocolate Shakeology shake:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Folic acid
- Spinach powder
- Barley grass
- Oat grass
- Wheat grass
- Green tea extract
- Proprietary super fruit blend
Add 1 full scoop (48 g) of Shakeology powder to 8 oz. cold water or beverage (milk, soy milk, rice milk, etc.) and mix. It can also be mixed in a blender with ice for a creamy, frosty smoothie.DIET & EXERCISE
The Shakeology program comes with recommendations on how you should eat and workout plans. The workouts available include The 30 and The 50. The 30 is a 30 minute workout that you do three times per week. Once you feel strong enough, you can rotate in The 50 once per week to challenge yourself. Eventually you will move to doing the 50 minute workout three times per week. Both workouts are a good blend of cardiovascular intervals, muscle building strength moves and metabolism boosters.
Overall the meal plan is that you replace one meal per day with a Shakeology shake. Those that replaced one meal per day with a shake were able to drop an average of ten pounds and two inches from their waist in 90 days. It is recommended on the eating plan that you eat a total of five meals each day with one being a shake. It is also recommended that you eat every two to three hours to keep your metabolism working. It’s important to include fruits, veggies, beans, lean meats and low fat dairy. Protein and fat should be consumed in moderation and incorporating food high in fiber is also helpful. Drinking plenty of water to keep your body hydrated is also very important. Below is a sample menu day while on the Shakeology program:
- Breakfast: English breakfast sandwich with 2 slices turkey bacon, 1 scrambled egg and two slices tomato; serve with 1 cup cantaloupe
- Morning snack: Shakeology shake
- Lunch: turkey and avocado sandwich with 4 oz. sliced turkey breast, 3 slices avocado, 2 slices tomato and Dijon mustard stuffed into a 6-inch pita; ½ sliced red pepper served with 2 Tbsp. hummus
- Afternoon snack: 1 navel orange with ½ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- Dinner: roasted 4 oz. chicken breast with ½ inch sweet potato fries; side salad made with baby spinach leaves, sliced mushrooms and sliced red onion; serve with reduced calorie vinaigrette
Shakeology shakes can be a great tool in your diet and exercise plan. The shakes aren’t like traditional shake diets. You are only replacing one meal per day with a shake, and you eat several times per day. If you follow the nutrition and exercise program, you are sure to lose some weight and get healthy.Common Misspellings
shakology, shakesology, shakerology