Setting Boundaries with Food
Get off the diet roller coaster with the tips in this book.Top Rated Diets of 2016
Setting Boundaries with Food is a new book available that offers six steps to lose weight, gain freedom and take back your life. This book is written by Allison Bottke and she writes with insight from her own experience with food. This book targets those that have been struggling with obesity and helps you end the constant cycle of dieting and deprivation. Allison was the first full-figure model signed to the Wilhelmina modeling agency. Allison walks readers through her popular S.A.N.I.T.Y. steps of the program. By using these steps you can gain a positive and healthy relationship with food that will allow you to finally shed the weight you’ve been trying to lose for years. Allison Bottke is the author of an entire Setting Boundaries series of books and she also works as a speaker on several television and radio programs.
Do You Know the Best Diets of 2016?
- Easy to read and understand
- Offers a healthy relationship with food
- Can help you achieve permanent weight loss
- Offers a spiritual element for added support
- End the cycle of dieting
- Author speaks from her experiences with food
- None to speak of
Setting Boundaries with Food offers two different parts. The first part of the book focuses making the choice to change, balance, feeling your emotions and defining your boundaries. The second part of the book focuses on the actual SANITY steps. The SANITY acronym is laid out as:
- S: Stop your own destructive patterns
- A: Assemble a support group
- N: Nip excuses in the bud
- I: Implement a plan and define boundaries
- T: Trust the voice of the spirit
- Y: Yield everything to God
There are also 10 suggestions for setting health boundaries with food included in the book. Some of the helpful tips you will find for setting health boundaries with food are buy a scale and weigh yourself every few days, learn how to examine food labels and get rid of all high sugar and overly processed foods in your house. While there are no specific recipes included in this book, there are some tips for making the eating experience a good one.
- Obtain the majority of your calories from protein
- Fill up on protein first, not on empty calories or high-fat, high-carb calories
- Limit sugar
- Limit carbohydrates
- Do not eat anything in your car
- Eat when you’re hungry and stop when you’re full
- Eat several small meals throughout the day; portion control is critical
- When clothes are too big, get rid of them
While Setting Boundaries with Food doesn’t offer any specific information on an exercise program, it does suggest that you increase your exercise while decreasing how much you eat through portion control.CONCLUSION
Setting Boundaries with Food offers some helpful steps for those that want to improve their relationship with food while adding some spiritual aspects at the same time. The advice offered in the book is helpful and will certainly lead to a healthier relationship with food. There are no meal plans or exercise programs included. Instead this book tells you how to eat and helps you reach your goals through healthy principles that can apply to the way you eat.Common Misspellings
Boundares with food, food boundaries, setting up food boundaries, setting your food boundariesHow Does Setting Boundaries with Food Compare?
Featured Diets and Supplements
Setting Boundaries with Food?