A 28-day plan for a slimmer, fitter and healthier you.
With a title like Naked Fitness, who isn't going to be intrigued by Andrea Metcalf's 28-day lifestyle program for a fitter, slimmer and pain-free you?
Renowned fitness and nutrition expert, Metcalf provides you with the motivation and courage to look in the mirror and take a long hard look as to what is stopping you from looking, feeling and being your best self. In her book, Metcalf helps you tailor a plan that is specific to your own body type, whether you're a coach potato or an avid gym-goer.
Naked Fitness will help you lose weight, firm up, eat well, relieve aches and pains and most importantly, live a healthier and more productive lifestyle.
This empowering health book includes step-by-step exercises, food plans, grocery lists, wellness tips, worksheets for tracking your progress and mantras that help you stay positive and in the moment.
- Takes a holistic and comprehensive approach to health, diet and fitness
- Reader makes their own program based upon their health status and goals
- Promotes the concept of mental and emotional health, not just physical health
- Shows reader how all of these aspects of ourselves are interrelated
- Includes detailed plans for meals and exercise routines
- Fitness routine can be safely done by those with prior or existing injuries, as they are low-impact and won't put stress on the joints
- Promotes an overall healthy lifestyle that can be maintained long past the 28 days of the program are completed
- Won't appeal to the reader who is looking for the quick-fix
The first task with Naked Fitness 28-day plan is to complete a self-assessment questionnaire that opens the book. From there, you are given the tools to tailor-make your own Naked Fitness program.
The Naked Fitness diet program, Naked Nutrition, emphasizes eating a variety of foods, counting calories and getting regular exercise. Overall, the plan is a high protein diet (25 to 30 percent) that includes modest amounts of carbohydrates (40 to 50 percent) and a moderate amount of fat (30 percent of total calories). Metcalf goes into a thorough explanation of why she selected this particular ratio of macronutrients.
While on the Naked Nutrition plan, you will eat multiple meals every day - four to five with snacks. Men will eat about 1,800 and women about 1,200 calories. High fiber foods are strongly promoted, as are lean proteins, healthy fats, mostly coming from nuts (she loves walnuts!) and salad dressings.
Each of the four weeks of the Naked Fitness plan include a daily meal plan. Shopping lists for each week are also provided as are recipes for select dishes.
A sample day on Week 1 of the plan looks like this:
- Breakfast: Blueberries, nonfat Greek yogurt and walnuts
- Lunch: Skinless chicken breast, green salad with romaine lettuce and red pepper.
- Dinner: Skinless chicken breast, green beans and broccoli
- Snacks: Banana, apple and nonfat Greek yogurt
You are also encouraged to take a glucosamine-chondroitin supplement as well.
There is also a Naked Fitness Keep it Off meal plan for maintaining weight loss, portion control information and tons of other helpful hints, strategies and tips for healthy eating behaviors.EXERCISE
On the Naked Fitness plan, you will learn to love to walk. In fact, the plan requires that you walk two hours a day. While this may sound excessive, Metcalf shows you to incorporate small bouts of activity into your daily schedule so that it doesn't feel like you're slaving away in the gym. She also encourages you to engage in more incidental exercise, or physical activity that involves movement, whether its parking your car in the far end of the parking lot or climbing the stairs to your apartment.
In addition to provided tons of walking suggestions for you, Naked Fitness also gives you instructions on how to work properly, how to walk to burn the most calories and how to do walk-ilates, a Pilates-inspired walking routine.
There are also stretching and strength-training routines provided so that you can tone your body and enhance the flexibility of your muscles and tendons.CONCLUSION
Andrea Metcalf's Naked Fitness is a 28-day and beyond solution for helping you achieve a slimmer, healthier and pain-free you. Follow the Naked Fitness lifestyle, and Andrea will show you how to align, walk, exercise and eat your way to feeling your very best in your own skin.Common Misspellings
naked diet, nakd fitness, naket fitness, naked fitnes, nakid fitness