MyFitnessPal iPad App
A Calorie Counting App with Over 1 Million Foods
The MyFitnessPal iPad app is an easy to use calorie counting program that allows you to set fitness goals, track your daily calories consumed and burned, and connect with other friends for support who are also using the program.
With over 1,000,000 foods in their calorie database, finding and logging your daily calories is fast and easy. You can save meals you eat often, add in custom foods, and save favorite foods for even more ease of use.
Your goals are based on your personal stats you enter when setting up your account, or, you can enter your own goals in case your doctor or other health care provider has given you a specific goal to achieve. It is all customizable.
You can also track your cardiovascular and strength training workouts, along with the calories you burned.
Charts and graphs for weight, food and exercise help you track your progress and stay motivated on the way to achieving your goals.
- This app is free to download and use
- Free barcode scanner allows you to add more foods to the database
- Progress charts and graphs for weight, food and exercise help you stay motivated
- The ability to connect with others using the same program for support
- Daily food allowances are calculated and tracked, updating you on how many calories you have left for the day as you enter your food
- Reminders to log your food are emailed to you for consistency and accountability
- All data is backed online
- Customizable to ensure no matter what your goals, you can use MyFitnessPal
- Track your water intake to ensure proper hydration
- Calories burned through exercise must be manually calculated and entered
- Food or meal recommendations are not available. Finding foods that fit into your program is on your shoulders
MyFitnessPal has you enter your weight loss goal, and then calculates how many calories per day your should eat to hit your goal. As you enter the foods you eat, those calories are subtracted from your total daily allowance to help you plan meals and stay on track.
In addition to tracking calories, you also have nutritional recommendations based on your individual goals. Grams of fat, carbohydrates, and protein are among the other nutrients tracked to make sure you not only stay within your calorie range, but are eating a well balanced diet as well.
There are over 1,000,000 foods in the MyFitnessPal database, so finding the foods you eat is fast and easy. In the off chance you can't find something, just manually log it in, and save if you plan on eating that food again.
No food or meal recommendations are available- it is all on you to decide what you eat.EXERCISE
The exercise portion of this app is not as extensive as the food, but is passable. There is a database of over 350 different exercises to make customized workouts.
Exercise recommendations are not made- you set up your goals of how many times a week and for how many minutes you want to workout, and your progress towards your goals is based off that.
You basically come up with and implement your own exercise program, MyFitnessPal just offers a library of exercises to choose from and a way of tracking how many calories you have burned- if you have the means to calculate them on your own.CONCLUSION
This is the first calorie counting program I have come across where you don't spend hours searching for the exact food you ate. The ability to add in your foods in one step makes MyFitnessPal more like writing in a food journal than using a huge, confusing calorie counting database.
While there is a place to choose exercises and log your calories burned, this app serves better as a food journal than a full fitness program.
Everything is covered in this app: your calories in, your calories out, your goals, charts of your progress and perhaps most importantly, social support from real people.Common Misspellings
my fitness pal, fitness pal, fitness pal app, fitness pal ipad, my fitness pal app, ipad app, i phone app, i pad app, iphone app