Lighten Up: The Authentic Way to Lose Your Weight and Your Worries
A no nonsense approach to losing weight.
Lighten Up!: The Authentic Way to Lose Your Weight and Your Worries is a book written by Loretta LaRoche. LaRoche's background is as a stress coach and consultant, and this book is her answer to the many diet books and diet programs that have saturated the market over the years. LaRoche takes a humorous approach to eating and informs readers of how they can get back on the right path in their relationships with food. As a stress coach, LaRoche works hard to help you lose weight without stressing about it.
She offers eight secrets to weight loss within the book with a light and humorous approach. Losing weight doesn’t have to be such a serious and cumbersome task. Through the principles of Lighten Up! you will be able to experience losing weight in a joyful and fun manner. Using this style of weight loss is sure to give you a more positive outlook on reaching your goals.
- Changes your mindset about losing weight
- Eliminates the stress of trying to lose weight
- Retrains on having the right attitude toward food
- Humorous and fun approach
- Written as an alternative to many so-called diets
- Humorous approach may not work for everyone
- No-stress approach to weight loss may take some getting used to
- Traditional dieters may be skeptical of approach
Some of the aspects of your diet that LaRoche is clear on is that food is not the enemy, or your savior. And if something doesn’t taste good to you, then you shouldn’t eat it. A day of meals on this plan might include:
Breakfast: Egg white omelet made with onions and peppers with low-fat cheese with a glass of orange juice
Lunch: Mixed green salad with one to four oz. baked chicken breast
Dinner: Grilled salmon with roasted veggies and brown rice
Exercise on the Lighten Up! way of life will include something that you enjoy doing. The key is for exercise not to feel like an obligation, but something you look forward to doing. Some activities that this might include would be:
- Dancing to your favorite songs in your living room for 40 minutes
- Chasing your kids or playing outdoor games with them
- Taking a walk after dinner with your family around the neighborhood
Lighten Up! seems to be a positive way to approach weight loss. So often diet books or diet programs give you a list of the things you must do and send you on your way. LaRoche’s approach gives the whole aspect of losing weight a sunnier disposition. By taking out the stress of diet, and the obligatory feelings of exercise, you are left with a belief that you can achieve your goals and have fun while doing it.Common Misspellings
lighten up to lose weight, lightn up, light up