Joy Bauer's Food Cures
A guide to thinking like a nutritionist by America's nutritionist Joy Bauer.Top Rated Diets of 2016
New York Times Bestselling author Joy Bauer is set to release a new revised and updated version of her book, Joy Bauer’s Food Cures. This new book will be released on August 2 and brings readers up to date on the current science that deals with food and nutrition. Bauer’s original book with the same title was released in 2007 so this updated version will have a lot of updated information. Some of the topics discussed are what foods we need to lose weight and boost the metabolism, what foods help you look younger and how to add years to your life. Joy Bauer’s Food Cures offers you ways to eat right and get healthier. Joy Bauer’s Food Cures has been highly reviewed by celebrities and nutrition experts alike. Bauer is an experienced nutritionist and she serves as the nutrition expert for The Today Show.
She is also a contributing editor for PARADE and Woman’s Day Magazines. Bauer has authored several bestselling books that have helped people lose weight and change their habits to healthier ones. Some of the things included in Joy Bauer’s Food Cures are quick and easy recipes, shopping lists, exercise and supplement recommendations, and inside information on the most current food topics. The new book Joy Bauer’s Food Cures will guide you to achieving your best possible health and help you start thinking like a nutritionist.
Some of the key tips that are available include:
- Snacking on pistachios can lower your cholesterol
- Adding pumpkin puree to recipes can promote radiant skin
- Yogurt and cheese can help relieve moodiness and bloating associated with PMS
- Drinking coffee and tea my help protect the brain and enhance memory
- Three servings of whole grain per day can dramatically reduce your blood pressure
Do You Know the Best Diets of 2016?
- Teaches you to eat right for a healthier lifestyle
- Tips to help you lower your cholesterol
- Written by bestselling author and expert nutritionist
- Includes helpful information on everything health related
- Meal plans and snack ideas available
- Entire chapter on losing weight
- Shows you how to deal with common health concerns through diet changes
- None to speak of
There are several tips and pieces of nutrition information available in this book. The diet and nutrition guides throughout Joy Bauer’s Food Cures cover everything from type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis and vision to migraine headaches and premenstrual syndrome. No matter what type of health issues you might be dealing with, you can use food to help you with them. There are several top tips that you can follow for thinking like a nutritionist. Some of those tips include:
- Preplan meals as much as possible
- Pure your home of unhealthy foods
- Load up on vegetables
- Eat two-plus servings of fresh fruits daily
- Choose whole over white
- Don’t forget breakfast, eat within 90 minutes of waking
- Fill up on fiber
- Eat every four to five hours
- Exercise every day
- Curb your calories after 8 p.m.
There are several meal plans included in the book. You can use any of them but there is one offered specifically for weight loss in that chapter of the book. With the meal plan, you will receive information on what types of food to eat at each meal so that you can create meals on your own. This will also be helpful for when you’re eating out at restaurants or away from home. Joy has a four step program for weight loss including start with the basis, your ultimate grocery list, going above and beyond, and meal plans. There are detailed steps and helpful hints under each of these four steps to help you lose weight, including a very detailed grocery list. All of the meal plans in the book have you eating between 1,200 and 1,500 calories each day. The breakdown is typically 300 to 400 calories for breakfast, 400 to 500 calories for lunch and 500 to 600 calories for dinner. If you decide to include snacks, you can choose from options that are under 100 calories and those that fall between 100 and 200 calories. A day of eating on the weight loss meal plan is reflected below:
- Breakfast: Ham and Cheese Omelet with Toast
- Snack: 4 cups air-popped popcorn
- Lunch: Edamame with Wild Salmon Dijonnaise
- Snack: 1 ounce pretzels
- Dinner: Rosemary Chicken with Sautéed Spinach and Salad
Aerobic and strength training exercise are discussed in Joy Bauer’s Food Cures. Joy recommends that you do some form of aerobic exercise four to five days per week for at least 30 minutes each day. For strength training she recommends two to three days per week. Your strength training routine should be something that is realistic for you and fit your schedule. Some of the different exercise possibilities from the aerobic and strength training categories suggested include:
- Brisk walking
- Lifting weights
- Working with resistance bands
- Circuit training
Joy Bauer’s Food Cures is not a book that is limited to weight loss only. This book offers you information on various health concerns and tells you how you can use smart eating to help with them. This book is based on the research and expertise of nutritionist Joy Bauer. You can manage, treat and sometimes cure common health concerns with food. You can use food as nature’s medicine with this book.Common Misspellings
food cues, foods cures, bower food cutes, food cutes, food cuuresHow Does Joy Bauer's Food Cures Compare?
Featured Diets and Supplements
Joy Bauer's Food Cures?