Jenny Craig for Men
This popular meal-delivery program has a diet designed just for men.Top Rated Diets of 2016
When most of us think of Jenny Craig, what comes to mind is a female-focused diet plan with celebrity faces like Valerie Bertinelli and Phylicia Rashad as proof of the meal-delivery program's success.
What we don't see are men who need to lose a few pounds and create healthier lifestyles. In fact, statistics show that overweight men outnumber overweight women. According to the National Institutes of Health, there are 50.2 million overweight American men compared to 46.9 overweight American women.
Jenny Craig is doing its part to address this discrepancy and address the specific diet needs of men with their Jenny Craig for Men program.
The diet plan includes the same hallmark features of the traditional Jenny Craig programs with its personalized weight loss program, Jenny Craig meals and snacks, support and the availability of the Jenny Direct, the at-home version of the weight loss plan. Men are allowed three Jenny Craig meals a day plus two snacks and add-ons like fresh veggies, fruit and low-fat dairy. It also adheres to the three basic Jenny Craig principles of developing a healthy relationship to food, leading an active lifestyle and maintaining a balanced approach to living.
Jenny Craig for Men can be followed by taking advantage of the personalized support at Jenny Craig centers or through the Jenny Direct program which is followed at home and includes a weekly support phone call from a Jenny Craig professional.
Men can expect to lose weight at a healthy rate of up to two pounds per week.
Do You Know the Best Diets of 2016?PRO
- Program supports a real need among overweight men
- Targeted to fit individual's lifestyle
- Addresses the whole individual
- Spouses can participate in program together
- Includes a wide variety of foods
- Meals are portion and calorie-controlled
- Jenny Craig is a trusted and reliable brand
- Promotes healthy weight loss
- Named #2 in the Best Commercial Diets by US News, 2011
- Does not seem to be striking differences between the women's and men's Jenny Craig programs
- Does not teach dieter how to control portion sizes or prepare healthy meals
- Long-term success rates are questionable
The Jenny Craig for Men program features the same meal guidelines as the women-based program. Three meals and two snacks a day are allowed in addition to veggies, fruit and low-fat dairy that are purchased on the side. Daily calories are kept at about 1,200 including the additional store-bought items.
Men can choose from among more than 80 pre-portioned and calorie-controlled meals that can be picked up at Jenny Craig centers or sent directly to your home via the Jenny Direct program. A vegetarian meal plan is also offered.
Meals can either be custom selected or the dieter can opt for a pre-planned menu.
A sample day on the Jenny Craig for Men plan looks like this:
- Breakfast: Banana Nut Cereal or Breakfast Scramble
- Mid-Morning Snack: Jenny Craig Anytime Snack Bar with non-fat yogurt
- Lunch: Turkey burger with a green salad or a Southwestern Style Chicken burrito
- Mid-afternoon snack: Unlimited vegetable sticks or Jenny Craig toffee bites
- Dinner: Chicken fettuccine or barbecue meatloaf
Moderate physical activity is an important element of the Jenny Craig for Men weight management plan and a personal consultant will help you develop an active lifestyle you can enjoy and maintain.CONCLUSION
Jenny Craig for Men is a the male version of the very popular meal-delivery weight loss program. Since there are more overweight men than overweight women, this program provides an answer to a real need in a population who often regards dieting as strictly female.
While Jenny Craig is commended for trying to improve the health of overweight men, the Jenny Craig for Men program doesn't look that much different than the other Jenny Craig programs, which are completely female-oriented.
And like with any meal-delivery program, its long-term success is very vulnerable to weight regain, particularly when the individual no longer eats the pre-portioned, calorie-controlled meals.
Therefore, while the Jenny Craig for Men program may be highly effective for helping men to lose weight, whether they are able to keep it off remains questionable.Common Misspellings
jenny craig for males, jen4men, jenny carig for men, jenny craig fro men, jenny craig four men, men's jenny craig, jenny craig for manLearn More About Jenny Craig
Featured Diets and Supplements
Jenny Craig for Men?