Jenny Craig for Men is currently available in Australia.
Since the popular weight loss program Jenny Craig started in Australia and since 68 percent of all Australian men are overweight or obese (an increase of four percent since 1995) it is no wonder that this successful diet company created a plan specifically targeted to men who need to lose weight.
Jen4Men has all of the staples of the Jenny Craig plan, which is responsible for highly publicized weight loss stories like that of Valerie Bertinelli and thousands of other diet success stories worldwide. Now, the weight loss giant, which is generally considered a female-friendly weight loss plan, is reaching out to the men down under who can surely benefit from low-cal meals, exercise and weight loss support.
In Australia, the face behind Jen4Men is Ian Dickson (Dicko), a famous Australian TV and radio personality who hopes to inspire other men to join the journey with him in the Jen4Men program.
The program includes three basic components: Developing a healthy relationship with food, leading an active lifestyle and following a balanced approach to living.
What follows from these three guidelines is a customized diet plan that does not forbid any foods. Jenny Craig meals are designed to satiate male appetites, the exercise plan is adapted to the dieter's fitness level and the professional support of Jenny Craig professionals offers motivation and education.
Jen4Men followers can expect to lose one kilo, or about two pounds, each week on the program.PRO
- Represents a potential solution for a population that needs to lose weight
- Targeted specifically to men
- Program by a well-recognized and well-respected weight loss brand
- Includes a comprehensive approach to healthy living
- Healthy weight loss of about two pounds (or one kilo) each week
- Available in the U.S. under the name Jenny Craig for Men
- Long-term success is questioned
- Program is still highly regarded as a female-focused diet plan
- Does not provide instruction on how to prepare meals or regulate portions
The diet plan for Jen4Men is very similar to the traditional Jenny Craig meal plans. Jen4Men encourages that members opt for the Jenny Direct program which allows the dieters to pick up the pre-packaged, calorie-controlled and portion-regulated Jenny Craig meals at diet centers or have them directly mailed to their homes.
Members can choose from 70 different meals and snacks each week.
- Breakfast might be whole-meal pancakes or a bacon and egg English muffin.
- Lunch might be beef stew, pizza, pasta with sour cream and chives or a bean and cheese burrito.
- Dinner options include chicken Parmesan, gourmet vegetable pizza or beef lasagna.
- Snacks and desserts include chocolate fudge cookies, muesli bars, sea salt and vinegar crisps and caramel corn.
The Jen4Men program allows for three Jenny Craig meals, one snack/dessert, in addition to add-ons like fruit and vegetables every day.EXERCISE
Regular fitness is a key component of the Jen4Men plan. The intensity and duration of exercise is determined on a case-by-case basis with the overall objective of increasing exercise time and intensity over time as performance levels improve and weight is lost.CONCLUSION
With the number of overweight Australian men outnumbering the number of overweight women, the Jen4Men program is on a mission to help Aussie men get back on track with their health and slim down.
Featuring the same trademark elements of the Jenny Craig weight loss program, Jen4Men tries to de-stigmatize its female-oriented program by enlisting the support of Dicko, a popular Australian radio and television personality, to motivate men just like him to lose weight.
American men can enjoy a similar program in the Jenny Craig for Men weight loss plan.
While studies have shown that meal-delivery programs like Jenny Craig are vulnerable to weight regain, many people have found success with this program, which focuses on pre-portioned and calorie-controlled meals.Common Misspellings
jen four men, jenny4men, jen for men, jenformen, jen 4 men, jenny craig for men