A cultural diet that supports the Rastafarian movement.Top Rated Diet Shakes of 2016
The Ital Diet is an eating lifestyle that is followed by those who follow the Rastafarian movement native to Jamaica. The goal of the diet is to increase livity, or the life energy force which resides in all human beings. Therefore, foods are selected based upon the ability to promote livity and other foods are avoided because of the belief that consuming them takes away from this universal life force.
Do You Know the Best Diet Shakes of 2016?
- Promotes the regular consumption of fresh foods
- Avoids chemically-processed foods
- Limiting or avoiding red meat and alcohol has been associated with reduced risk for certain diseases and cancers
- Linking cultural beliefs with dietary habits may strengthen the resolve to adhere to them
- Cultural affiliation may detract from potential followers
- Moderate alcohol consumption has been linked to reduced risk of certain diseases and cancers
- Advocates using cannabis
The Ital Diet is a way of eating that advocates eating a whole-foods, pure and natural diet. Filled with fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains, this way of eating promotes the consumption of foods with little or no additives or chemicals. When the diet is followed very strictly, food that has been grown or made with pesticides or fertilizers are not eaten.
Shellfish, pork and red meat are often avoided by some followers as is coffee and alcohol. In addition, some followers of the Ital Diet are vegetarians and some are vegans.EXERCISE
There are no specific exercise guidelines for following the Ital Diet.CONCLUSION
The Ital Diet, similar to other eating lifestyles that reflect the cultural, religious or philosophical beliefs of specific communities of people, includes a variety of interpretations in which foods that can be eaten or avoided vary according to how strictly one is adhering to the beliefs of the Rastafarian movement.
While the Ital Diet has some commendable characteristics such as its avoidance of processed foods, it does endorse the practice of smoking cannibis.Common Misspellings
itali diet, rastafarian diet, jamaican dietHow Does Ital Diet Compare?