Drink This Not That
Stop drinking away empty calories with this guide.
Drink This Not That!: The No-Diet Weight Loss Solution is the newest book in the Eat This Not That franchise written by David Zinczenko and Matt Goulding.
This book takes the approach that by simply making better choices in what you drink, you can cut calories and lose weight. Because there are more beverage options than ever before, we are consuming a lot more calories from what we drink. In fact, it is estimated that beverages now make up nearly 25 percent of the average American’s daily caloric intake, a number that has almost doubled over the past 40 years.
Unfortunately because they are in liquid form, those excess calories don’t trigger the same sign that a cheeseburger might. Also because those calories are unnoticed due to their liquid form, they are the easiest to remove from your diet.
Drink This Not That dives into the many different sodas, iced coffees, smoothies and alcohol options available and offers the reader better choices. By making a few small substitutions to what you drink, you can eliminate unnecessary calories and lose weight without going on a diet.
Other books in the Eat This, Not That series include:
- Eat This, Not That
- Eat This, Not That: The Best and Worst Foods In America
- Eat This, Not That Supermarket Survival Guide
- Cook This, Not That
- Eat This, Not That for Kids
- Gives smarter drink options without having to completely give up your favorite drinks
- Makes you aware of the calorie content of common drinks
- Allows weight loss without dieting
- Easy to understand
- No need to count calories
- Not a diet
- Easy to cut calories from diet with these suggestions
- Offers satisfying replacements at a fraction of the calorie count
- No exercise included since this isn’t a standard weight loss plan
- May not be enough for those with significant amounts of weight to lose
Drink This Not That is not an official diet program but rather a guide that shows you the calorie content of your favorite drinks as well as how to choose beverages that won't derail your health.
This book simply shows you how to cut some of the empty calories from your everyday diet that come from what you drink. There are a total of 16 different categories of drinks listed in the book and included in each section are the Drink That, rather than the Not That choices.
- Kids’ juice
- Beach booze
- Iced coffee
- Iced tea
- Protein shakes
- Light beer
- Summer cocktails
Insider tips and hundreds of nutritional comparisons for dozens of popular chains are also included, such as:
- 13 Secrets the beverage industry doesn’t want you to know
- The 20 unhealthiest drinks in America—and what to drink instead
- The truth about diet soda
There is no exercise information included in Drink This Not That.CONCLUSION
If you love your afternoon iced coffee drink or your post-workout sports beverage, be prepared to be shocked when you learn about the calories, sugar and sometimes fat, that is contained in some of the most popular and unhealthiest beverages.
Drink This Not That offers valuable nutrition information about drinks while also providing healthier alternatives.
You might find that by heeding the the fact-finding information offered by Eat This, Not That gurus, David Zinczenko and Matt Goulding, you might just notice the number on the scale dropping just by watching what you're sipping.Common Misspellings
drink this not this, drink that not this, drink those not these, drink tis not that
Related Diets: Cook This, Not That, Eat Drink and Be Healthy, Eat This Not That, Eat This Not That Supermarket Survival Guide , Eat This Not That: The Best and Worst Foods in America, Hungry Girl Happy Hour, Eat This, Not That for Kids