Dr. Colbert's I Can Do This Diet
Work with your body to lose weight instead of against it.
If you've ever thrown up your hands three days into your diet and screamed that you can't do it, then read on.
Dr. Colbert’s “I Can Do This Diet” is a book written by Dr. Don Colbert himself who is a board-certified family practice doctor and the author of The Seven Pillars of Health.
The approach of the I Can Do This Diet is that many people spend a lot of time fighting against their bodies to lose weight, but Dr. Colbert’s program allows you to take advantage of medical findings to work with your body to lose weight instead of against it. Although it talks of being a diet in the title, this program focuses on principles that you use for a lifetime rather than just to get rid of excess weight.
Dr. Colbert goes lists his top five reasons why diets fail, gives you the fundamentals of weight loss and shares how you can overcome specific roadblocks to weight loss.
This program is also designed to help with common questions about dieting and eating out, snacking, cooking, shopping and supplements.
- Gives a thorough understanding of weight gain and weight loss
- Covers all the possible things that could be the cause of your weight gain
- Information given covers the subjects of many popular diets such as low-carb and glycemic index
- Teaches you how to follow an eating plan that is also a lifestyle eating plan
- Includes information on exercising properly
- Encourages having snacks throughout the day
- Offers troubleshooting tips as well as what to do when weight loss stalls
- The sample menus and new way of eating can be drastically different then what most are used to
- Heavily encourages use of fiber supplements rather than getting fiber through foods
- Does not say anything new
With this program, included are some suggestions for what you can eat throughout the day. There are is also one week’s worth of sample menus in case you’re having trouble putting together the right foods. These sample menus will give you a feel for what type of portion sizes and snacks are acceptable. There are multiple meals and snacks eaten throughout the day since Dr. Colbert recommends that you eat every three hours. One day of eating may look like this:
- Breakfast: Two to three PGX fiber capsules with water, 1 cup Quaker oats cinnamon high-fiber oatmeal, berries, almonds, Dr. Colberts “Can Do” smoothie, and green tea or coffee
- Snack: Two to three PGX fiber capsules with water, 1 granny smith apple
- Lunch: Two to three PGX fiber capsules with water, 2-4 oz grilled skinless chicken breast, small portion of brown rice, steamed veggies seasoned lightly with salt, one cup green tea or unsweetened iced tea with lemon or lime
- Snack: Two to three PGX fiber capsules with water, six Wheat Thin crackers with two slices of reduced fat cheese, two Tbsp fat free cream cheese, Laughing Cow cheese or one-half cup of nonfat cottage cheese
- Dinner: Two to three PGX fiber capsules with water, large salad made with romaine lettuce, cucumber, chopped tomato and spritzer dressing, 2-6 oz lean ground beef seasoned with Mrs. Dash or lightly with salt and pepper, steamed broccoli, bowl of broth based bean or vegetable soup, 1 cup green, white or iced tea with lemon or lime
- Snack: Two to three PGX fiber capsules with water, lettuce wrap with chicken, onions, bell peppers and other veggies seasoned to taste
Dr. Colbert recognizes that exercise is an important part of being healthy. He also takes the time to acknowledge that most people don’t like working out. He even goes as far as to include quotes from some of the fittest celebrities in Hollywood talking about how much they hate working out. This serves as motivation that no matter who you are, in order to stay healthy you have to exercise. Dr. Colbert also offers advice on what exercises you can do and how often, to reach your optimal health level.CONCLUSION
Overall, Dr. Colbert's "I Can Do This" Diet is a tool that can help you lose weight, maintain overall health and keep the weight off. Dr. Colbert believes that if you follow his instructions, you can finally achieve success with his I Can Do This Diet.
His weight loss plan is not anything new but he does encourage a healthy style of eating that includes low glycemic food, green tea and frequent meals. Its emphasis of high-fiber supplements in addition to its high-fiber diet may cause tummy troubles for those not used to eating enough fiber. And many health experts warn against taking fiber supplements for extended periods of time.Common Misspellings
dr. colbert’s I can’t do this diet, dr. colberts I can do this diet, dr. colbert’s can do diet